Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

prerunner bumper

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudslinger97116, Apr 13, 2004.

1. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

i'm thinking about building one for the blazer so i can put it's bumper on the jimmy.anyone have pik's? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Here is a kindy fuzzy picture of mine. Needs a winch and some lights still /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]

3. JimmyUp

JimmyUp Registered Member

I like the look of your pre-runner bumper. Did you fab or purchase it? Does it bolt to the pre-existing factory holes that were used for the factory bumber or did you have to make prvisions for the holes?

Regards,
    Scott

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I fabbed it up. I didn't like the factory holes being so close to the end of the frame rails (for a winch bumper) so I ran some 6" C-channel down the sides of the frame rails and drilled 3 holes through the frame and C-channel for 1/2 inch bolts to go through.
    Jeff

5. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

thanks for the pik /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.that sure is a purdy jimmy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif