Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prerunner bumper

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Feb 27, 2001.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know where I can get a prerunner front bumper? I tried Smittybilt but they don't carry them for an 88 anymore. I would like to find one in a reasonable price range, under $250. Thanks for the help

2. Dragworm

Dragworm Registered Member

S.E.C. has one that is like a prerunner. Their ads are on the tops of most of these pages.

So, which one of you is the brains of the operation?
    To tell you the truth it's not exactly a "brains" type operation.

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Most fab shops should be able to build you one for less than $250. Here's a picture of mine, If this is what you're after, I can send you the measurements and list of materials.
    (Photo Deleted)
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Pugsley on 05/22/01 11:28 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Are sure...? I just heard some guy order one for a 89 (wouldn't a 89 fit a 88 as well?) about a week ago. I was standing behind him in line. He was going back and forth about what finish to get. Took him FOREVER. That's the only reason I remember this. The fact I had to wait for him and listen to him ramble on only to ask my question and of course they didn't have what I wanted....

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

5. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

The only thing i think you can get for around $250 is the one thats bolts to your existing bumper. Mainly non-function, other than to hold some extra lights.(but does look nice). If you want a functional bumper ,look into the s.e.c. one. The s.e.c. prerunner bumper is the most "solid/functional" bumper i have been able to find.I too, want the the prerunner look( on my burb).Sorry i dont have a link, but i think you can get to it from ck5 home page.

One From None

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://coloradok5.com/vendors/sec.html>http://coloradok5.com/vendors/sec.html</A>

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers