Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prescott, Memorial day weekend ***UPDATE 5/24***

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, May 18, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

<font color="red">UPDATE Just found out the Lynx campground is closed for renovations, but Hilltop campground is open. Hilltop is 1/2 mile from the lake, so we won't be able to camp next to the water (bummer). That also means the campsites for the area are now cut in half, so Hilltop will fill up pretty fast, probably full by Friday morning, if not sooner. There are no current fire restrictions, so we'll be able to have a campfire /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

My plan is to camp out at Lynx Lake, if anyone want to join me and my girl. There is some local wheelin to be had, as well as the fishing/ camping thing. It's pretty close to town, and the weather ought to be just about right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. If anyone wants to come up and join me, post up, or PM.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Re: Prescott, Memorial day weekend

Ooooooo Fred. That's really close to the mortgage time and a wee bit further than Bartlett. I think we'll really really try but I can't promise.

Good luck to y'all in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

3. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Hey Fred, what type of camping is at Lynx Lake? The wife doesn't like to camp if there is not running water and outhouses. If there is might be able to drag the family up for a couple of days.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Isn't that the same weekend as Juan's wrestlin team get together?

Just a thought to maybe get more folks headin up that way.

Good luck to y'all in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have been in Arizona for like 16 years and have NEVER heard of this lake, i guess now would be a good time to check it out though huh?

I will definately see what i can do, for now i'm in, but i will keep you informed, as ANYTHING can come up between now and then /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I'm definitely up for it and YES it is the same weekend as my wrestling car show... but I'll do both (the show is on Sat. from 8am to about 3pm) Great fishing at LYnx. Close to town.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Once again there is a keep Pauly from the north conspiracy. I am on at work Saturday and my wifes family will be in from Chicago the whole weekend /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

We should probably put a reservation on camping at this lake. This place fills up quickly on holiday weekends.
    Fred?

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Yeah, I forgot about the deal over the high school Juan. I thought I would be further from town before, but now, I'll think I'll come out to chino for a bit.

As far as the camping goes, I get off at 2:30 on Friday, and it should only take me maybe 30 minutes to get over to the lake to get a campsite. Hopefully it wont all be full by then???? I may go before that, if I can get a 1/2 day off.

Jay- here's the info from the PNF site

Campgrounds

Hilltop campground has 38 sites, drinking water and toilets are available. There are no hookups and reservations are not required. The maximum size vehicle is 40 feet. The campground season is opened from April 1 to November 1. The fee is $10.00 per night. Access is on the east side of Walker Road, 3.5 miles south of State Hwy 69.

Lynx campground has 39 sites, drinking water and toilets are available. There are no hookups and reservations are not required. The maximum size vehicle is 40 feet. The campground season is opened from April 1 to November 1. The fee is $10.00 per night. Access is on the east side of Walker Road, 3 miles south of State Hwy 69.

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Are campfires allowed in this area as well? i have been hearing of some fire restrictions going into effect lately, and also do you have directions on how to get there, i see the south of highway 69 part, but where in a general is this turn off?

11. FWP

FWP CRS

I'll have to check on the fire restrictions, if any, today, thanks for reminding me TJ. The turn off of 69 is just before you actually get to Prescott and past Prescott Valley, There's a traffic light there at Walker road, Big brown signs saying Lynx Lake, can't miss it.

So far the plan for me is to drop off my trailer at a camp spot thursday night, and just pay an extra 10 bucks for the night to get a good spot. It's first come first serve thing out there, and I don't want to chance a full campground.

12. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm on call this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, so I'm out.

See ya on the trail soon,
    Jay