Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Preserve "Carriage Returns" in posts???

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Greg72, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Steve,

I guess it's an aesthetic thing, but I like to have some white space between my posts and my .sig for better readability...

I used to throw in a couple of carriage-returns to "pad out" the end of the message, but it looks like the new software is stripping out any lines that ONLY have a carriage return character and nothing else.

As you may have noticed, I just do a couple of CR's and then slap a "." on about the third line to "cheat" but it's cheesy and I don't like doing it everytime either.

Is there a way to re-instate the "old" behavior of the system and get me some elbow-room again???

(I might be able to artificially "pad" space into my .sig as a last resort, I suppose...) :thinking:

<- See what I mean?

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah some times the message is squashed into the sig, makes it hard to read long post some times.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

No problem, that is fixed in the minor 3.0.7 version that is currently out right now, just need to find a little time to upgrade.