Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pretty Expensive Gas Cap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rodzzilla, Nov 22, 2004.

1. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

This auction is for the gas cap ONLY!

Two people didn't read the whole description. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

$90.99 for the Gas Cap. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

truck itself is 15 minutes down the line, good advertising /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I was drooling over the Crew Cab Body. Too far away. Probably not any nicer than I can find around here, too.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Thats a pretty stupid way to advertise a gas cap /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I didn't even see gas cap in the title of the auction, guy is obviously being dishonost...well not the way I sell stuff on ebay anyways /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no hes advertising the truck. He said if you want something email him. If you bother to actually read the description you know it is just the gas cap. If you get as far as SM465/205 and just drool and bid you are the idiot not him. I try to read everything in an Ebay description before I buy, you never know when someone is trying to hide something, this is a good lesson in it. I'm sure he won't hold those 2 stupid people to it.

6. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I just emailed the people currently bidding on that gas cap and pointed out that if they get outbid, I could find them another gas cap for a similar price /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I as well pointed out that they are bidding on only a gas cap. I hope they figure that one out.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no hes advertising the truck. He said if you want something email him. If you bother to actually read the description you know it is just the gas cap. If you get as far as SM465/205 and just drool and bid you are the idiot not him. I try to read everything in an Ebay description before I buy, you never know when someone is trying to hide something, this is a good lesson in it. I'm sure he won't hold those 2 stupid people to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

do me a favor then, check this one out for me
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=7931300740&rd=1
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if that were a Chevy my eyes would be hurting right now /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Its still stupid, I would never list an item that way. Yeah you have to read the description, but it would make more sense to list the gas cap for sale first, then mention you are parting an entire truck. Basically looks to me that he is hoping to sell stuff that he is not listing, which is against Ebay policy. Last I looked he had no other auctions for parts off that truck.

But I guess I am an honost person who sells things by the rules and also has 100% positive Feedback from all my transactions.

10. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

1093 pos feedbacks, with 6 negs from morons, and I think this guy is an ass. I was honestly thinking of reporting him. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    eBay ID: PrecisionData
    for all your memory needs, got some monitors and a thinkpad up there too!!
    /whore

11. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Check out the high bidder now, 37 bid retractions in the last 6 months, I guess the ebay staff is getting lazy /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

I wonder how much a hubcap would cost me? You gotta read I bought a set of tires and dude took 4 pics of the same tire, 2 of them had no tread what so ever. So you gotta pay attention. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you are not reading my friend. he is not doing anything against EBay policy. he said to email him with your needs, and he will create an auction for it. run it all through ebay, just the way they like it. try reading the whole auction, and next time you wont look like the morons who decided to bid on the gas cap.

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thats some funny shi!!!!

i would snap if some guy tryed to con me on tire like that /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you are not reading my friend. he is not doing anything against EBay policy. he said to email him with your needs, and he will create an auction for it. run it all through ebay, just the way they like it. try reading the whole auction, and next time you wont look like the morons who decided to bid on the gas cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he is technically within the rules, however there is no way to know if someone emails him through Ebay and they decide to make a deal without using a Ebay auction. It is obvious to me he listed an item that would likely not sell or sell for very little so he could get feelers out there for other parts to sell. IE he doesn't have to pay to list 50 items if no one is gonna buy them. Frankly though, thats the risk of selling on Ebay and he clearly doesn't want to pay fee's for anything that might not sell. Tough sh!t.

All I ever said is thats not how I would do business. What the hell is wrong with listing a part for sale and being clear about the details of said part? Ebay is not a place to list an ad for parting out something, which is essentially what he is doing.

My reading skills are fine MF which is why you don't see my name as the high bidder.

16. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I agree with TrcksR4ME. He's hoping to be sneaky and screw someone, and it seems to be working. Who in their right mind would pay that much for a gas cap?

17. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I think that he is borderline on being in violation of ebay's policy. I always thought that ebay was for "I have this for sale", not starting a "what part do you need" ad and only paying the fees for a $1.00 opening bid gas cap. If he has parts for sale he should list each one individually, and if they don't sell then that's just too bad for him. Regardless, I still think he is a weasel.

18. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

This is just the kind of guy that I would like to deal with, he seems like a fine individual. It's funny that he accuses me of using a spell checker when he doesn't spell very well. He also claims to have dealt with a ton of babies like me, so I guess I'm not the only one that has had a problem with his auctions.

My email to him:

[ QUOTE ]
    "$90.99 for a gas cap? You sure do know how to create a deceiving
    auction. I am going to report you to ebay for "circumventing ebay fees". If
    you have parts for sale you need to list them individually, not create
    a "what do you need" ad. Don't you think that you should have made some
    mention of the gas cap in the item title? You would not appear to be so
    dishonest then. And how about a picture of the gas cap?"

[/ QUOTE ]

His response:

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude. Do yourself a favor and move out of your parents basement and get
    a life! While your at it quit your job at the fast food chain so one
    day you may actually get a real job! You should mind your own business
    and not find ways to make other peoples lives miserable! Did you know how
    to spell "circumventing"? Or did you spell checker help you out? Do you
    realize monkey a$$ that I am not "Circumventing" ebay fees?!? In my
    auction it states that if there is a part you need I would start an
    auction for you for the part you need. If you need a gas cap you should have
    just said so. Not cried like a little school girl and threating me! I
    have been on ebay since 1999 and have dealt with a ton of babies just
    like you. Do me a big favor.....Don't mess with any of my auctions or my
    buyers. Ebay does ot approve of childish behavior nor will they
    tolerate it!! Thanks, Steve (cooljeep)

[/ QUOTE ]

19. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I would be a lot cooler about the whole thing if he at least started out with the gas cap for sale and then added that he had an entire truck etc etc. The fact the gas cap is not in the title and is in the last sentence of his description is what pisses me off. The biggest thing to me as a seller on Ebay is being clear and precise about an item I am selling. I want people to do business with me again in the future, and most of my feedback has statements with "item exactly as stated" or "would do business again" or "freindly service" etc.

But whatever, this guy is an a$$ clown which is obviuos by his response above. Damn I am bored... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve (cooljeep)

[/ QUOTE ]

There's the problem! Anyone with a screen name of "cooljeep" was born with something stuck up his ass. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif