Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pretty nice truck I wnet and saw today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieRed, Nov 30, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

97 F350custom drop hangers (all bracing isn't done yet)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Good Lord man, that's pretty freaking rediculous. Can you say booty-fabbed? I can't wait till the guy at Bigdumbtrucks.com gets a hold of this pic /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Oh good God of Mary, someone call 911 and get the BootyFab Swat Team there ASAP.....................................

What a fawking abortion.................

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. BowtieRed

good pirate boards batman!

calm DOWN. you can't see all the bracing in the picture. the bracing is not done. i saw the truck in person and it's all real stable and the welds are good. i talked to the guy for two hours- he knows his stuff. booty fab/custom, yeah- SO!? it's only got 6" springs so it won't ride like a brick and it has plenty of current or planned horizonalt bracing for those hangers. so lay off, it's actually being built right, for SHOW and occasionaly mud purposes. pictures don't show it- but it's being built tough- i saw it in person.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Honestly would You trust anything those Einstein looking fawkwads built. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. BowtieRed

HEY! That's me reaching for the door handle, and the chubby kid is my friend. The owner is the guy stangind next to the tire wearing the tobogan.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    good pirate boards batman!

calm DOWN. you can't see all the bracing in the picture. the bracing is not done. i saw the truck in person and it's all real stable and the welds are good. i talked to the guy for two hours- he knows his stuff. booty fab/custom, yeah- SO!? it's only got 6" springs so it won't ride like a brick and it has plenty of current or planned horizonalt bracing for those hangers. so lay off, it's actually being built right, for SHOW and occasionaly mud purposes. pictures don't show it- but it's being built tough- i saw it in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bracing spacing. That thing is a booty fab pile and it's giving rednecks a bad name. If ya gonna build it, build it right or not at all. That thing is an abortion of an abortion................

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Relax Dude just messing with You. But like Everyone else said it's a pile. That is no way lift a truck. If that was a safe way to lift a truck the market would be flooded with stuff like that. Bottom line though it's unsafe.

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Honestly would You trust anything those Einstein looking fawkwads built?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    HEY! That's me reaching for the door handle, and the chubby kid is my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

WAAAAAY too funny!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. BowtieRed

I give up. Fine. I don't know how stong any metal is. I didn't see the truck. I can't tell what will and won't hold. I am totally incompetent. You all saw the truck in person. You all saw the extra bracing not pictured. You all are Gods, and if it isn't a K5 with 4" BDS springs, a big block, cut 39.5" boggers, HAD shafts front and rear, axles that are >1/2 ton but <2.5 ton and a full roll cage it is TOTALLY unsafe and a pile of crap. Sorry.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i think hes starting to catch on to the ck5 way of life.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I give up. Fine. I don't know how stong any metal is. I didn't see the truck. I can't tell what will and won't hold. I am totally incompetent. You all saw the truck in person. You all saw the extra bracing not pictured. You all are Gods, and if it isn't a K5 with 4" BDS springs, a big block, cut 39.5" boggers, HAD shafts front and rear, axles that are >1/2 ton but <2.5 ton and a full roll cage it is TOTALLY unsafe and a pile of crap. Sorry.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to be all butt hurt about it. Just because you saw it in person doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. I read a thread just the other day, bunch of people talking about a desert racer that crashed, everyone that saw it said that it looked like it was well-built, but first practice run they crashed it and it fell apart. Just be lucky you posted the pics here, take them anywhere else around here or where some pro fabricators hang out, and they will rip it a lot worse than we have.

Now let me ask ya this; are those shocks fully extended with it standing still? Looks like it, my eyes may deceive me.

[​IMG]
    The welds on that back shackle mount look like someone sneezed. Looks like the springs are going to negative arch before the bumpstop hits. And if that's true, then there will probably be a boatload of stress on that rear shackle setup, and with that brace going up to the frame, did the fabber in question possibly plate it to spread the load?

Those are just my observations from my uneducated mind.

14. BowtieRed

No no. the welds are all very smooth actually, the picture doesn't look right. and the shock isn't anywhere near fully extended, the boots are just too short.

15. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

is it just a ford thing? i mean having 6" too much lift??

16. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

need booster steps with that?

17. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

for a show truck or mild mudder..i dunno i think it would be ok..i cant really say im defenetly no expert..and i couldnt biuld something like that..but it does look cool anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

offcamber for that thing would be like 3 degrees. lol! nuttin wrong with booty fab stuff, but i just dont see how it could be used offroad. I'd be afraid of tippin over even just mud-boggin it, let alone real trails or rox.

j

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

geez though..i always thought those f-350s were pretty darn tall right form the factory! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh good God of Marv , someone call 911 and get the BootyFab Swat Team there ASAP.....................................

[/ QUOTE ]
    i fixed it for ya.....
    but i do have to defend the person im cracking on here att he same time. marv is a bootie fab guru, and does ti safe.
    Grant