Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Preview of Tellico

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by big pappa b, Mar 1, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

very nice!

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I want to go on the Guardrail Trail...............

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I couldn't make the video work. I just wanted to say that I've only done guardrail once. It was raining and the was a jeep and a toyota broken down in the bypass. It took a couple tries to make it up the face of the obstacle. Smoking my 44s trying to dry the rock off a little was the first real test of my superior axles and CTM ujoints. They passed.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Kinda O/T, but do vehicles need to be registered and insured for Tellico? I know they do at URE, but I can't find any information about Tellico.

6. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

NO....its an OHV park...Just pay the fee's at the station on trail 1 and you are good to go.

Rob

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

There is no Bypass for Guardrail unless you concider the 500ft off the side of the mountain a bypass. You either do it or go back down.

The only thing up there that has a Bypass is Helicopter pad and its the next obstacle AFTER guardrail. Then you come down School bus or the back side of 11. Back side of 11 is rough on fenders unless you got the nuts to make a 6 foot drop and ride the slider on the rock.

There is no guard rail anymore either. Some girl in a Jeep came off it back wards took out the guard rail and one of the trees it was attached too. Manged to get stopped by a tree about 100ft down. There are now cables to try to catch vehicles that don't make it.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If its a truck then yes it needs to be registered and insured. The NC FS only shows up to collect money out of the gate and roll overs. You will almost never see them. The TN side out of Tellico plains camp there all the time hassle folks in the campground and check every cooler for beer.

I have seen cab trucks roll off the trailer on the TN side 50ft from the NC line get ticketed for no tag or insurance.

Not sure of ATVs though. In GA you cant get a tag for them anymore but the FS says they have to be tagged to ride in GA. What a bunch of morons. :crazy:

9. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

The "bypass" he's referring to is the real tight area between the cable and the tree on the left side of the obstacle. But only small/narrow vehicles can squeeze through there and I don't think the Beast could fit through with 44 Boggers on fullsize truck.

Will