Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Price Advice - 700R4+adapter+NP208

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fletch79, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Fletch79

Fletch79 Registered Member

Friend of friend sort of deal.

700R4 and NP208, bolted together, with adapter.
    Says $350.
    Says 700 was rebuilt 3500 miles ago.
    Says he hasn't dug through that stuff in a bit, and isn't sure if the torque converter is there.

I haven't seen anything yet, so far it's all just talk, over the phone.

The friend that is the go-between says he has a rear slip-yoke shaft from an '87 that I can have if I do the swap.

When I do look at the stuff, what should I look for to verify the freshness of the tranny?
    Other than being clean, painted, and the front seal looking good, I wouldn't know where to begin.

My existing TH350-factory adaptor-NP203(with Mile-Marker part time kit just installed) would be coming out.

I think the new stuff is a good buy if it really turns out to be what he says, especially if there's a converter.

So my questions are:
    Is it a good price?
    How do I tell what's up with the prospective drivetrain?
    What can I expect to get for my existing drivetrain?(no probs to date)

Thanks,
    Fletch

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good price if everything is in good condition. Check the fluid to see if it looks new, it shouldnt look brand new(like it was just changed), but should still have a good red color to it. If it doesnt, it probably has more than 3500 miles on it or something is wrong.