Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Price check: '79 F350 front 60 - complete....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DRM, Dec 4, 2001.

1. DRM

DRM Registered Member

Price check: \'79 F350 front 60 - complete....

I may be able to get my hands on a '79 Ford F350 front Dana 60 axle, complete lockout to lockout, steering too, and has 3.54 gears.

Now I know what GM 60 fronts go for, and I recently picked up a Dodge 60 front for my Toyota truck ;) but I have no clue what the market is for these 60's with the high pinion and driver's side diff...

A buddy said these are popular for late model GM solid axle swaps?

Anybody know what these are going for nowadays? thanks!

David
    <font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.4x4spot.com>http://www.4x4spot.com</a></font color=red>

2. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: Price check: \'79 F350 front 60 - complete....

I saw a set(front and rear 60's out of late 70's furd) here in Montgomery go a couple of weeks ago for $300! [​IMG]

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

3. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I have only seen one sold here. On pirate they typically go for around $1,000.00

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!

4. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

For Sale- 2 Ford HP Dana60 front axles complete including lock-outs,3:54 gears out of 79 F350s $850 each plus shipping.[​IMG]

RGF

5. DRM

DRM Registered Member

Well, is your price typical, or lowball? Seems people have given me prices all over the place - some as high as $2k.... interesting....

David
    <font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.4x4spot.com>http://www.4x4spot.com</a></font color=red>

6. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

In my opinion I think $850. is a good deal for someone wanting one of these considing I had to hunt these down,haul it home,lay on the ground and eat lots of rust with a hot ball or two down the sleeve[​IMG]and then drag that 600lb. fattie out from under there[​IMG]
    And then if your trying to sell on the web you have to weed out the axle kickers[​IMG] call every shipper you can find for the best rate[​IMG] build a shipping crate and at the last minute here from the buyer that they forgot that they cant afford it right now[​IMG]
    Now that I think about it $850 is a hell of a deal!
    Seriously though, $850 would be a good deal for someone who doesnt want to mess around with stuff stated above but might be found cheaper if you want to get your hands dirty depending on where you live.I think there worth more out in Cali because of all the crawlers, demand=$$$
    Hope this helped!

RGF

7. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Yea, I saw that same ad for the 60,70 combo in Montgomery for $300, but it was too late.