Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Price check on 5-point harness

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Feb 16, 2004.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Who has the best price/brand etc. on 5-point racing harness?

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Summit. Got mine for $130 shipped. RCI pretty nice stuff.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

4. CK5

Part number?

5. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

I got two RCI off ebay for $70.They are dated 03 so cant be used in NHRA.

6. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I did the street belts. They are easier to get in and out of therefore increasing their use time. They are 4 point too. They also have the 5 point, but my nuts need to swing freely. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I will get my reciept # for ya tommorrow.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got the Corbeau 4 point 2" belts with DOT style buckles. About $60 each IIRC... VERY nice and much more comfortable than the 3". Also much easier to use for kids and others who are not familiar with latch or cam locks...

9. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I second the 2" over 3". I have tried both, the 3" is awkward on the shoulders and waist of you are a little guy like me (5'5" 150lbs). I now run the 2" latch style with beards and love 'em. $55 ea for the belts.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Not to dissaude you from something higher quality, but those 4 points they are selling on ebay for $36 shipped a pair, are VERY nice, suprisingly so.

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not to dissaude you from something higher quality, but those 4 points they are selling on ebay for $36 shipped a pair, are VERY nice, suprisingly so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] I bought some, they don't look to bad... No anti-sub belt (#5), but a set - 2 - 4point harnesses for $9.99 plus $17.50 shipping seemed to good to pass up. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Another pic

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those look pretty nice. Do you have to tie down the loose ends to keep them from flapping in the wind? I guess that would only be a problem in a topless rig, but a couple of plastic clips could restrain them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

either that seat is pretty tall, or you are a short guy. Those shoulder belts look like they come out where the base of my neck/back would sit...is that normal? I'm looking at a racing style seat from summit and a 5 point for my rig. Thing is I am only allowed to put one on the drivers side. "I'm not riding in one of those things" so sayeth the wife and so it shall be. She won't wheel with me anyway so I don't care hehe.

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yep, I have the exact same set, nice eh?

15. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

good thread steve-o /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    as i'm stil looking for the best prices myself this will help.

i was looking into simpson racing but on there site you have to buy everything separate.

baddog - i was reading billavista's tech article about the corbeau, great seat harness, but i didn't like the way the shoulder restraint part bolted so far away from the seats. mine will be attached the a bar that's right behind the seat. did you do anything different with your belts to deal with the length?

rj - do you have a link for those harnesses?

16. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

personally safety to me is worth a couple extra bucks.
    I just bought 4 of the RJS 5 points for around 59.00 ea from oregon motorsports very nice quality.

I thought the same as you guys and was only wearing the lap portion and now I have a hole in my lip from my face slamming into the steering wheel this weekend at dumont dunes now I will atleast wear my shoulder harnesses loose. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

17. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

No big deal on the shoulder mounts. I ran mine over a bar (basically where you are talking about mounting yours) and down to the floor.

18. CK5

OK, I think I like the idea of the 2" shoulder belts for comfort, what about the lap belt, I see where you can get a 3" lap with 2" shoulder or all 2", thoughts?
    Also, you can get the shoulder belts in a bolt in or roll cage mount, seems like the wrap around cage mount would be easier to mount?
    I dought I would use the sub belt, but I will have the provision for it in the seat anyway?

These?
    http://www.rjsracing.com/offroad.html

19. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, I think I like the idea of the 2" shoulder belts for comfort, what about the lap belt, I see where you can get a 3" lap with 2" shoulder or all 2", thoughts?
    Also, you can get the shoulder belts in a bolt in or roll cage mount, seems like the wrap around cage mount would be easier to mount?
    I dought I would use the sub belt, but I will have the provision for it in the seat anyway?

These?
    http://www.rjsracing.com/offroad.html

[/ QUOTE ]

those are the ones that I have and yes the 2" shoulder harness is a much more comfortable (WHEN YOU WEAR THEM)
    RJS part # 50560 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I use all my belts (anti-sub too) when I'm fireroading or attempting something that might make me roll hard or several times. I run simpson for the driver (around 100 bucks) and pyrotech for the passenger (both brands came with brackets for wraparound or bolt on installs)

remember: the belts must be so tight on the person wearing them. You can break your back if there is any play in your belts when you wreck hard.