Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Price for vortec intake?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, May 5, 2002.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

How much can I buy a new intake for the vortec heads for?

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

GM or Edelbrock? Performer or Performer RPM or RPM air gap? (I think theres an air gap for Vortecs.)

I payed like $212.00 total w/ shipping thru Jegs for an RPM. That was a few yrs ago when they 1st come out and I think I ordered intake gasket set too. They take a different from the normal intake set.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah TBI or carb? I think the only way to get TBI is thru GM.

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I need one for a carb. I found one made by GM, but it comes with the carb adapter and gasket. I was curious how much it was worth so I dont overpay.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The GM ones are rumored to be cast by Edelbrock anyways (story is, someone was at Edelbrocks factory or something, and saw the GM intakes in piles there)

Anyways, absolutely nothing wrong with Edelbrocks intakes, and when I was going to go carbed, as much as I wanted the GM on the intake, couuldn't justify the $75 or so difference in cost.

I paid $185 for the Edelbrock Performer locally about 6 months ago, same price now, if not better, I guarantee. I bet GM's is still a ton more though. Check www.sdpc2000.com for the intakes (I think they're under fuel system or something)

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im currectly bidding on a New GM intake on ebay. So far its only at about $150. If I can, Ill get it if not Ill buy an Edlebrock. Thanks for the FYI about the GM and Edlebrock inakes.