Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Price of a Dana 60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Need some quick input. I have found a D60 that the is presently installed on a truck, but the owner is willing to remove it to sell. The price is around $750. It is open w/3.73 gears and was completely rebuilt by a shop a little over a year ago. I have seen it, it is not leaking nor is it beat-up.

Is this a resonable price? Based upon what I have read, it seems to be, but would like some input from anyone who knows more about this than I do.

I am sure you are wondering why anyone would remove the axles off a good truck? The guy that built the truck lives in a small town in West Texas, and he has been asking $5500.00 for a '81 P/U w/14B, D60, NP205, std trans, and 350. It is a nice truck, but in his location, no one is going to pay that kind of money for that P/U. Reducing the price of the P/U and selling the axels is an option to cut his losses.

Derf00

"Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In Ca they are running $1300 - 1800 for rebuildable cores from the junkyard.

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

$750 sounds like a decent price. I have heard of similar prices for the CUCV Dana 60's though. I think wayne found a 4.56 geared one for $850...not sure if it was open or Detroited. If the ratio is what you need then its a good price.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The gears need to be changed to at least 4.56.

Derf00

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Thats a good price and reasonable. If it truely has been redone within the last year or so, then at least you wont have to go through and replace the balljoint/king pins and items like that...

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Yep, mine was $850 with 4:56's and a locker. But I did some searching to find it. All the other ones I have found are $1000 for open ones with 4:56's. If it is close to you and in good working order for $750 grab it because it is a good deal.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Buy it..........as rare as they are, $1000 would be worth it. Paid $900 with 4.10's (open) and needed a bit of work..........but worth every quarter!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

8. deothrwhtmt

deothrwhtmt Registered Member

I would on that like stink on poo.

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, this is what I needed to hear.

Derf00