Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Price on 90 blazer.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by norville, Dec 27, 2006.

1. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    Folks as you know my 77 burb is on the block due to pressure from the wife. I got the OK :bow: to get a blazer or wagoneer. "something Smaller than that sub-marine"

So I looked at a 90 blazer the interior is really really dirty front buckets cloth seats A/C power options 1/2 ton rig. It has new 32x11.50 and dual shocks:haha: all around and a 3" spring lift. Rebuilt 700r Strong running 350tbi no smoke no knocks . Frame, body mounts and floors look good. It does have some rust issues. Like no rockers. And a few (hmmm a doz or so) surface rust under the paint issues.

It's cold here the Misses is already reminding me of temp and time constraints. I talked to the local shop he said it has to have original body lines/panel. Outers only. So, I though I'd rivit some Jcwhitney rockers and go.

Stuff I like.
    It's got the rear shoulder belts for the kids. Removable top with sliders. power options A/C.

Bad stuff
    needs work rust repair and paint muffler and tailpipe.

My issue: I can get this for $600 but will I have 5x in it to make it presentable. Or should I just wait for a cleaner $2500 truck?? I'm tired of the money/time pit.

thoughts?? talk me into or outta it. I'm in Pa rust central

bob

2. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

Oh I need a daily driver. thats the goal something not to embarrasing.

bob

3. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

buy it. like you said pop on some panels and roll. who cares about presentable. inspectable is all that matters. I go throught his with my $100 blazer. I have more in poly body mounts then I paid for the truck. the right shop will sticker it. in our area even a $2500 one is going to need work. does it have current stickers and drive safely down the road?

better yet tell me where it is. I will buy it and run it and let you know if it is any good. If so then I will sell it to you.:D

5. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

No sticker, I have to remove the bumpers off another blzer the have there. I'm gunna go look at it again tomorrow. I know it's worth $600 just don't know if it's worht the time. I really still havn't decided if I want to give up the burb.

thanks

bob

6. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

It's no fun to have to do projects on a vehicle to get it to a good starting point. Wait until you find the right one. If you're willing to travel, check the classifieds, etc., you can find clean rust free stuff down here from a couple of grand and up. I've seen beautiful Blazers sell for $3-4 grand all day long. They really are everywhere in this part of the woods. Even if you don't want to travel, check Craigslist in your area.

7. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

The tires ae worth 600 bucks. get it and strip it and sell the parts. A good 350 down here is 400-500 bucks.

8. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

Well I passed on the whole mess. I thought about parting it out for the price. Tbi and tranny,but I enjoy living in my house:). I had a buddy go with me lots of tar and sheet metal I missed.

Thanks guy's I'm still on the hunt.

9. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Where are you located?

10. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

north eastern Pa 18707 mountaintop

bob

11. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Check my ad in the Classified.