Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

price ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hd-10, Mar 16, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

i am woundering how much anyone here would pay for a 73-75 blazer that is rusted and been sitting for two years. i am not trying to sell one i am looking to buy some guys and want some good idea's right now it looks like #!*%. but a good prodject

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If it runs=1000
    If it doesn't run=700
    How much rust is there?

3. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

theres a lot of rust but only one real bad spot on the driver side rear panel, were the rust ate thourgh the matel. but i have a good idea how to fix it. i am going back today to try and talk him down. i figure i will take some gas and cable and see if it will even start up.

4. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Prices are higher in CA than most other states. I bought my 73 for $1000; it had some rust and was in fair condition. PO was asking $1300 for it and didn't really know its history. I bought my 90 for $4000 in perfect condition from the original owner with 105,000 miles on it. He had just put new 32" BFG's on it to sell it. He was asking $5500. Three weeks ago I bought a 74 from the original owner in Del Mar, CA. It has always been garaged and is in excellent condition with no rust or body damage and original paint (white) and interior. It had a Target Motor put in at the Dealer 50,000 miles ago. He was asking $4200 and particularly begged me to buy it because of my love and knowledge of Blazers. He wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it and take good care of it. I gave him $3000. The really cool thing about the purchase is that he threw in a bunch of reloading dies, bullets and four rifle stocks (I sometimes build custom stocks) but best of all was the 6" high pile of files related to the Blazer. It included all the receipts since 1974, the original Chevrolet Sales Brochures for 69, 70, 74 and 82 Blazers, a Consumers Report Magazine from 72 with a write-up on the Blazer, and a January 74 Pickup, Van & 4WD Magazine with a shootout between the Blazer, Bronco, Scout and Wagoneer. There are deals out there if you keep an eye on the papers and Auto Traders.

Your in California, the 73 is smog exempt and worth buying, and you’ll love the full convertible!

Keep us posted.

5. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

yesterday i got it running and it sounds good it might have a stuck lifter but hopefully it will work frre since it's been ditting so long. the good news is icall him today and got it for $1,200 going to pic it up on friday /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif if my wife will clear her pictures of the camera i will send pic of it and of the motorcycle. thanks for the input and now the real fun begains.