Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Priced my front end job **sweet deal**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrprex, Apr 10, 2000.

1. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

I priced all the parts that I will need for the front end job that I had talked about earlier. For upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, center link, adjusting sleeves and pitman arm it came to a total of 250$. I thought that was a pretty good price for all that stuff. What do you guys think? The place I am getting this stuff from is northern auto parts. www.northernautoparts.com
    Oh and I also wanted to ask, when you upgrade to dual steering atabilizers do you end up getting a new center link with an additional mounting bracket for the extra stabilizer? If this is the case then I will not get the center link until I get the trailmaster kit.

2. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

No, you don't get a new center link for the dual setup.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

3. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Price doesn't sound bad , but check to see if balljoints have grease fittings

4. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Pretty sure they do but I will definitely check. What do you think about painting it all chevy orange before I put the parts in. Nothing fancy, maybe hammerite and then a couple of topcoats of orange?? What do you all think?