Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

prices on soft top (i searched)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by baldamish, Jun 6, 2005.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

i did a search for soft tops and found all the posts, but nobody has talked about the prices, other than the can back at $1000 :shocked: , and plus the fact that nobody can seem to find them. I've got a full convert 75, and i'm curious if $600 is the going rate (other then getting on ebay) or if anybody knows of a decent (track system) top any cheaper then $600 bones!! Any help would be appreciated!!

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, they aren't especially popular so the price on soft tops for our rigs is outrageous. Seriously, for the same price as a canbak, you could have a full custom cage built and then just add a home-made Sunbrella bikini top. Something to think about...

j

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

4. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

thanx for the help, off camber seems a bit pricey as compared to STC, so i suppose $599 is what i'll have to spend. I appreciate the input jek, but I want the full soft top for camping and weather, once the top comes off at the begining of the season it's not going back on until sometime in Oct or Nov, regardless of rain! I will probably design a nice bikini top though for when the full top isn't on, I'll post pics once it's done, gonna try a few different ideas!