Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PRICING

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EAGLE1, Aug 13, 2002.

1. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 Newbie

<font color="blue"> </font color> WHAT COULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR A 1970 K5 / V8 / 4X4 / FAIR CONDITION? I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM SO PARDON ME FOR ANY GOOF UP'S.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

more input, more input. i've bought 3 gen blazers, heres a summary of price and condition

1) 1000.00 - 72 CST model, body molding, single wall top, a/c(NotWorkingButAllThere), p/s, p/b, 350cid, th350, np205, not running, but made it run with a new distributor, carb, and gastank, rust on rocker pannels, foot cowl area, and lower front and rear pilars. dented bumpers, rear passanger wheel well.

2) - 750.00 71 4x4 CST. completely disasebled NO RUST, missing a lot of parts.

3) - 3500.00 72 VERY CLEAN basic model, slight surface rust on rocker panels, working A/C and everything else. NO DENTS OR DINGS.

gotta see how much and where is the rust, dents, is it a CST model, auto or manual, skidplates, tranny, 4x4 working, single or double wall top, how many miles, has it been converted oer to disk brakes. etc etc...

ARQ.

3. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

I think it also depends on where you live. If there is a shortage of them, expect to pay quite a bit more. Especially if it's in real good condition. Rust will also be a consideration.

Good luck,

Chris M

4. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 Newbie

Thanks for the feed-back. I live in PA, THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS (INSIDE), IT CRANKS HARD BUT RUNS OK, I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT DOUBLE WALL OR SINGLE WALL? (TOO STUPID, GOT TO LEARN MORE, BRAIN ON OVERLOAD...AGHHHH!) THE GUY WANTS 1500.00...I'M GOING FOR IT!

5. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    what is CST??

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

CST = "Custom Sport Truck"?? It was basically a higher trim level on the Blazers...more mouldings, a more complete list of options, etc.

Remember, what's weird about the 1st Gen Blazers is that EVERYTHING was an option. You want a hardtop (optional)...you want a seat for the passenger (optional)....you want a spare tire (optional)

Kinda funny, but I guess the idea was to keep the base price low, and let people option them for what they intended to use them for. There are links on the web to the original Sales Brochures for these trucks and those can be really fun to look at....

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Ok, I get it /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif . I wish that GM still offered options and not "Option Packages"... packages are so lame...

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    CST = "Custom Sport Truck"

[/ QUOTE ]

it's morelike Custom Stomper Truck

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

ARQ

9. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

yeah.mines original owner opted not to have the rear seat.i wonder why??i got a later model seat in there so i can seat a couple more people though.

10. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

Just from what you described I'd say good find. Just look at the rocker boxes and windshield frame for rust. If there isn't any bad rust I'd say great find and congratulations. You'll know it's a single wall if the top is held on by bolts that bolt down. If you can see the heads of the bolts then you've got a single wall top (Prefered top).

11. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 Newbie

Thanks a bunch. I got the guy down to $1000.00! Pic's to follow as I get on with my project.