Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pridefull Veterans Day to all

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by semper-k-five, Nov 11, 2004.

1. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

A good day to follow the Marine Corps Birthday! I just wanted to send another shout out to all the Vets and Active folks out there. Though a brethren we are, I still think highly of Service Members as individuals. We often forget to thank one another as we allow the civilians to thank each of us, for us.

A buddy sent me a Hallmark E card, a Marine Vet Card and I thanked him for his thoughtfulness. He is a Vet of the Army. Here is his response to my "Thank You" email and thought it worthy of a post:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Anytime buddy.. you can tell a hero right away. We wore the uniform, put up with the BS, lost sleep, didn't eat, didn't wash and missed out on a lot of what other folks call "life". But then we had good reasons: Pride, Commitment, Honor, Valor, Integrity.

I can always tell another soldier just by watching his carriage, manners and the look in his eye. We're easy to spot.
    ------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, I hope all enjoy a Pridefull Veterans Day and have the pleasure of many a' Thank You's and Handshakes. Reguardless if the Uniform was worn behind a desk or a rifle, we all did/do our parts and we have a Wonderfully Terrific Nation to live in when we sometimes wonder what it was all for.

Semper Fidelis, Haze and Grey, Hua, and Off to the Wild Blue Yonder!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Thanks man, although ive never met you i must say you seem like one helluva guy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. semper-k-five

It's truely a pleasure to welcome your thanks and words. This website, as computer geeky as it sounds, helps fill a huge void that opened up when i ended my Marine Corps carreer. I too think of you has a helluva guy...maybe one day, we can leave all the vehicles behind and all get together some where and meet every body. Tons of good folks i'd like to slug a brewski with!

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

there is a chance i might get stationed out in OK, Id rather not, the flatness of OK dosent really appeal to me, but i might not have a choise, im trying to go to WA but who know's i wont find out till about 6-8 months before i leave here, wich is coming up faster than i wanted it to /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

semper fi amigo. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

many ck5'ers do "get together", there is an annual event called Blazer Bash. I haven't been to one yet, but from what I understand, its not all just wheelin, there is hang-out-and-throw-back-a-brewski time too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif anyway, i share your sentiment that ck5'ers are almost universally all-around good guys. 4x4 fans in general seem to be to me, even most of the jeep guys. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

anyway, happy vets day. I have to work, but hopefully you're chillin havin a beer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Good post, brother.

Thanks to all those, past and present, who have sacrificed in the name of Freedom. They put their own lives on hold to defend our way of life, asking nothing in return.

Without these selfless men and women, life as we know it would be very different. I wear my poppy with pride, and make sure that both my young daughters understand the significance of November 11th.

7. semper-k-five

well, if you end up in OK, let us know!! there's a few here i've only chatted with and have yet to meet...

The Blazer Bash is tough for me because i can't pull myself to head out there until my K5 is ready...and I hate missing that opportunity to meet everybody...guess i'll just pack up the fam and head out as a K5-less spectator!

We could all meet up in Vegas and wear those goofy name tags with our screen names on 'em!!! get shuttled around to all the bars by some old lady drivin a bus!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

To every Soldier, Sailor, Marine and Airman:

Have a Great Veteran's Day /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Not everyone respects what they do, but I hope those of us who do make up for the ungrateful asshats in the world.

I'll be celebrating the same way I have for many years, having my two favorite Vets over for dinner.

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Thanks, and a Happy Vet's day to all the vets /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

John

10. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thank you brothers aaaaaaaand sisters in arms, we could not have this day if it was not for us. So thanks to all for your sacrifices....
    Semper Fi,
    Me

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Good post. Its nice to live in a small town though as the people seem to reach out to and appreciate us vets more. I marched in a veterans day parade this last saturday with my unit...244Th ECB (heavy) Co. A Det 1.It was really wierd being under the micro scope...every one thanking us and cheering us for service in iraq...i feel like i didn't belong there allmost as i rejoined the army reserve in april of this year and did not get to go to the sand box...at least not yet and i do hope i get to go so i can truely serve my country after 14 years of service.

DW

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I worked all day long today at my part time job so my retired first sergeant I have for a co worker that is a Vietnam vet with a purple heart could have the day off.

Happy veteran's day fellas.

Oh btw, my boss said I could have today off if I wanted as well because I'm in the military, and I've only worked there a week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Happy Veterans Day to all of you, without you we would be nothing. You have done an honorable thing, fighting for this great country!

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I worked all day long today at my part time job so my retired first sergeant I have for a co worker that is a Vietnam vet with a purple heart could have the day off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Wish my employer would have acknowledged what today is... 'Bout 20 vets in the shops, 2 with extended combat tours (1 Vietnam, 1 Iraq), and we got NOTHING. Oh well, hopefully I'll be referring to this as my former job soon.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I just feel so left out today, seeing as how it's Veteran's day, I'm in the military, but not a Veteran. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Your still a veteran and should be honored on Vetrans Day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Your just not a combat Veteran

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Your still a veteran and should be honored on Vetrans Day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Your just not a combat Veteran

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks. Considering I'm disabled I may be granted veteran status anyway, but actually at this point I'm not actually considered a Veteran because my service doesn't qualify.

It's a pathetic technicality that when I become President, I will fix. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The combat veteran that I work with definitely deserved the day off though, I was glad to give it to him.