Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prince & the NPG

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SCJimmy, Apr 24, 2004.

1. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Just saw the purple one, and he rocked the house. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

His new stuff sounds like James Brown/Parlament/Prince mixed together. I was a Prince fan from high school, and am glad he's finally touring behind a good album, not the crazy stuff he's put out over the years.

If you were a fan of the Purple Rain era, you really will enjoy this show. He's one hell of a talented musician, and put on one of the best live shows I have seen.

And you get a free copy of the new album when you enter the concert. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

prince rocks!
    he was just here and i didn't go. his tix are too much $$$.

my fav. all time prince song is "dorothy parker"

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    he was just here and i didn't go. his tix are too much $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, $70 here. But thats better than the $90 folks blew to see Britney Spears lipsync to he own music out of time.

There were some pissed people after that show. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

If you think that's high, try Fleetwood Mac at $100+ on their current tour /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I do like Prince's new music though. And the current NPG band he's touring with has one of the best horn sections and drummers I've seen. Personally, I think the show he put on, and the quality of the audio/production was worth the $70. But I remember going to shows back in the day for $15-$20 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

For $70 you better get a free album.An you know when a artist is past his prime when you get a free album at his concert. Any of them other pop freaks are so concieted they think they are doing you a favor by just letting you see them in person.At least he was cool enough to give a freebee.