Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Printer help....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Does anyone know how to get to the utility settings on a Hewlett Packard printer, model number 970Cxi? It’s a Deskjet Professional series. Reason I ask is the print is coming out all out of line and the colors are not lined up correctly (even looks fuzzy and smudged at times). Most printers come with a setting to get into a tool box or something where you can clean the heads but this one, I can’t find it. It’s a work printer… so I’m not using it often so it has me stumped. We all have looked for the settings to clean the heads and run the diagnostic tests but notta. Any in sight would be helpful to say the least! Thanks! It's driving me crazy! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Steph,
    I don't have the same printer, but to access that option on my HP1220c here at work, you go to "Start"..."Printers & Faxes"....and then right click on your printer. Select "Properties" and then select the "Services" tab. Right in the middle of that dialogue box is the option to "Clean the Print Cartridges". I am using WinXP Pro. This may or may not help you but you might give it a try if the settings are remotely similiar.

Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

For what it's worth, the system is Win 98.... we are old school here with the upgrades. The puter too is a Compaq. I have tried all the right clicking on the icons and bringing up screens. It will pull up a set up utility but it doesn't have the option to clean the heads, work on the alignment and other such tools. It's really annoying to say the least! We noticed there is a pinkish haze more then anything. Like the picture prints but it has what looks like a pink shadow. So any ideas? The ink is good.... new stuff... sooo anyone know! Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

I fixed it... well, not really. But when one of the nurses was at lunch I took her printer which is exactly the same and gave her the poopy one. Shhhh she'll never know! He he.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifnow thats the way to fix things

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

try hp's website. most diags and drivers are free for downloading.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey Steph, there should be a utility installed, it should be part of the print driver:

Edit: picture nuked to conserve bandwidth!

8. ChevyCaGal

It wasn't there. Trust me I tried it all! Anyhow like I said I gave it to one of the nurses. She'll never figure it out. The black and white works perfect. That's all she really uses, unlike what we do, so she lost her printer.... she just doesn't know it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Oh well... Least you got past it then.