Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Priority of work??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, May 28, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok as most of you know I'm still on a boat and still 7 time zones away but that hasent stopped me from doing my part to help the economy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but since i have soom time i guess i can ask questions about what i need to do to get all the stuff on the truck as fast as possible without doing any double work, so here is a list of whats coming and other work i need to do to get the rig going, also any helpful hints dealing with the fact that it has been sitting for 6 months, thanks in advance..

1. rebuild of front 10 bolt, i had a woble starting when i left so i figure new ball joints and wheel bearings will clear that up hopefully
    2. ORD shackles and greasable everything front and rear
    3. furd shock towers up front
    4. replacing the 3" body lift with ORD 1" body lift
    5. ORD zero rates front and rear, i plan on moving both axles the 1.5" but depends on drive shafts, night just put them in for now and strech it out in the future???
    6. new rims with better backspacing
    i think thats all i have ordered right now, give me some tip

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

are you 8 lug yet? if not i would go 8 lug on the ten bolt, and get a 14ff rear, and buy 8 lug rims, JUST INCASE sometime down the road you want to go one ton, i know not everybody needs/wants to go one ton, but 3/4ton is pretty cheap and easy, and Why not do it. would suck to have to buy 8 lug rims down the road sometime if you decide you want to upgrade running gear.

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

oh yea shes been 8 lug for about 18 months just havent been able to find a 60 under the standard $1000