Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro comp 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PaulMahon, Dec 26, 2002.

1. PaulMahon

PaulMahon Newbie

Pro comp 4\" lift

I running a stock '89 Blazer and I've been looking to add a few inches. I'm leaning toward the Pro Comp 4" lift with front springs and rear blocks. Any experience - good/bad with Pro Comp?????

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

Re: Pro comp 4\" lift

I have pro comp 2 1/2" add a leaf lift in the front and blocks in the rear. Love it want a 4" lift and 35"+ tires. I want to try to get away from the blocks but there not bad to start out with to find out you didn't waste your money on a 2" lift and now you want a 4" lift when I get the money.
    Or do a shakle flip

Oh yeah welcome to ck5 fill out your profile

3. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

oh yeah.my buddy has a procomp lift.hope your back is good.dont need much flex do you?they have a high spring rate.my advise,skyjacker,or tuff country.
    ...and thats the bottom line.

4. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

oops,i meant advice.my bad

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah tough country has the lowest spring rate. Should be the smoothest. They are cheapest as well I think.

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

High spring rate, stiff as hell, need kidney support on rough roads.

7. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

how did i forget the kidney problems associated with procomp?im not worthy...usefull info if you have a couple cold ones in you.(mountain dew)

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

please don't buy pro comps you'll hate them!! i have the pro comp 4"ers up front and hate them every day. i have 7" total lift and 36"s and i can run my suburban on the street every day with the sway bar disconnected and it's doesn't sway bad. THEY SUCK!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm running a 6" lift. I've got Superlift soft rides springs up front. I like them alot. I would recomend either Superlift or BDS. Blocks in the rear are okay for first time lift, thats what I did, but now I want to get rid of the blocks !!!!!!! I've been wanting the Springer Suspension, but I may end up just putting some BDS lift springs back there. While you're at it, you might want to think about doing a axle swap.

10. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

superlift are also too stiff.you wouldnt want your gun to go off,and blow your toes off...would you? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    superlift are also too stiff.

[/ QUOTE ] i don't think so /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif have you ridden on a set of superlift superrides? they're frickin awesome!!

12. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

sure have.they are like the pro comps.i think they might even be stiffer.theres a spring rate table on this site somewhere.

13. nimo

nimo Newbie

I have the 4in pro kaka and the rear stock leaf/block is sagging. If I had to do over again, I would have gone with a 6" lift with the rear leaf package.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Put my Superlift springs on last spring. They're not stiff by any means, gotten decent flex out of them. Was a little stiff the first few months, but nice soft ride now.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Superlift has two lines of springs. One line is heavy duty, the other is softer springs.

I have Superlift 6" front springs and they ride alright I guess...I had Rancho 4"ers before and I didn't think those were all that bad.

Y'all bitch about ride quality too much I think. I mean it shouldn't be horrible but my truck never really rode bad.

16. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

My Superlift superides are also nice and soft. I've driven on 4" procomps and 2 1/2" ranchos and they both rode alot stiffer than my superides. In Matter of fact, I'm gonna get some RS9000's and run them stiff to compensate for the soft springs because my 39.5" TSL's made my ride even softer.

17. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

ok,the numbers and my seat of the pants feel dont lie.ive had alot of lifted trucks...alot.all kinds of different springs.i have alot to compare to.even the superlift superride springs are rough riders if you have been on skyjackers of tuff countrys,by far.and i guess 39.5 tsl's could make your ride softer,if your replacins boggers or groundhawgs.look at the spring rate chart in the tech part of this site.

18. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i have been thinking of how to reply to this post, so here goes:
    i just got home from work and read the post by chaz88k5 about the newbie bashing, then the next post i read is this one, where a "newbie" (so to speak is you 3car, at least on here, i don't know your prior experience, nor do you know mine, however i prolly own more chevy 4x4's right now, than you have your whole life /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) but the point is 2 members have the superlift superride series and like them, and yet every time they make that observation you tell them they are mistaken, they ride like crap /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

so why do you feel the need to keep bashing them about the springs /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

bashing them about their springs?i dont think so.i was just expressing my opinions,along with some facts.and as for the newbie thing there jeffro,ive been registered on here about as long as you,but i guess because you post more than me,you are above that status. whatever.to each his own. and last but not least,im proud that you own alot of chevy 4x4's.take a bow,your my hero.

20. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

maybe bashing was the wrong word, being argumentative might be a better one, the reason is 3 different times above whenever the superlift's were mentioned you had to state your opinion, i felt 3 times was a little excessive and basically starting to tell the owners of those springs that they were stupid and couldn't tell that their springs were crap, about the newbie thing, like i said, i don't know your background nor you mine, i am not concerned about post count, the reason i threw that in about owning a lot of chevy's is in reference to this: "ive had alot of lifted trucks...alot." just to let you know, tonto had a horse too

jeffro

[/ QUOTE ] is an entirely different member of this site

take a bow,your my hero

[/ QUOTE ] if so, your aspirations are not very high