Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro-comp All Terrains

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CyberSniper, Aug 19, 2005.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I need some new 31s for my pickup so I can haul my trailer. They all terrains look like they have a decent tread pattern. As you probably know, 4WP is doing their tire and wheel packages right now. Since the programmer on the site screwed up I can get a set of 31x10.50s on 15x8 wheels mounted balanced and delivered to my door for $470. For some reason they screwed up and you can check out on their website with free shipping without paying $130 for the warranty (which is a deal buster).

I'd rather have myself a set of 33x10.50s but...

2. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Had a set of the ProCrap AT's and the X-Terrains and both didn't last too long and the X-terrains chipped badly. Just my .02 if you want a good AT I really like the BFG's they have held up well on my 3/4 crew cab

3. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Problem with BFGs is that you're paying an extra $75/tire for the name. I'll probably end up buying some Coopers.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If I was going to get another set of AT's , I wouldn't hesitate fro another set of Sport Kings .

Over a year of DD , and trail runs , they still look good with plenty of tread and sipes left . Even with a rear locker :D

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've run Bridgestone Desert Duelers on my SUV and love them. They aren't quite as agressive as the BFG's but I think the quality is ten times better. You can usually get them for a good price at Wheel Works or Costco too. BFG A/T's cup pretty easy in my opinion.

6. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I ran 35" pro-comp A/T's on my sub for 2 years. About 20K miles. They wore perfectly even, still had about 70% tread left when I sold the truck. I liked them better then the BFG A/T's I had run previously because the didn't chop out as quickly or badly. and were quieter on the highway. I rotated them every 4K. As with any tire running the proper tire pressure goes a long way towards keeping them wearing good.

7. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

I am currently running the Mud Terrains with no abnormal tire wear. They are little noiser than all terrains, but I like them. I have about 10,000 miles on them right now and they still have over 85% of the thread left. I would recommend them.

8. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

look at BFG Commercial T/A's they come in rib,a/t, and traction, theyre 8-ply E load(but might be D in 15")

i had a set of traction's on a c30 crew and they worked very well, a little noisy on hiway but no worse than mall terrains, even with the more aggressive tread. great in snow/ice, ok in mud, not even bad when driven very hard in the rain. the traction compound was a little soft, i only got like 45-50k to the wear bars, but the a/t is harder, and the rib is like a rock so you would prob get more miles.

plus they're (relatively)cheap if you get them from a large commercial truck tire store, i think i paid $85-ish each, no more than 375 w/mount, balance, and metal stems.

9. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4wheel parts is haveing a special where you order 4 tires and you get 4 steelies free.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my ProComp MTs have lasted forever... I would think the ATs would be even better...

j

11. GruntHunter

GruntHunter 1/2 ton status

CyberSniper's post "Pro-comp All Terrains"

If you can get a set that cheap you'd better go for it! I had to pay almost double that for mine. For street driving your best bet are the All Terrains. They come with a 50,000 mile warranty. I have both, the All Terrains on my F-150 Flair Side and the Mud Terrains on my '87 Blazer.