Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro comp Extreme mud terrains

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freeflow, Mar 29, 2007.

1. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

Im thinking about getting some new tires for my dd- 99 dodge ram 3/4 ton. The tires on it now are brand new 31" firestones. But i wanna get a lil bigger tire on there. Im looking at tires in the 315/75r/ 16 range.

Im looking at the pro comp extreme mud terrains. I can get the lt315/75r/15 for $252.80 from NTW online. They have a deal buy three get one free. So like $750 for all 4 tires.

What do you all think about these tires?

Thanks brad.

2. dbreid

dbreid 1/2 ton status

I have that size X-Terrains (not the muds, but the X's), and I love them. I chose them for my Suburban because they have a good load rating, were the right mix of aggressive and still radial, and overall I have loved them. I have run all sorts of tires on trucks over the years... ranging from the monster bogger to TSL/SX's to Pro Comp All Terrains (which suck), to Thornbirds, etc. These aren't the best off road tire I have ever had (though they are actually really good), but they sure are the best all around. They are quiet on the road (for as aggessive as they are), and do really well in dirt and rocks and mud. Haven't tried them in snow yet.

I would recommend looking into those. Plus, often they have a buy 3 get one free sale at 4wheelparts.

Best of luck!

-Dan

3. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

I ran the procomp mud terrains(not extreme) on my tahoe (35x12.50's) and i thought they were pretty good tires. The did pretty good in the mud until about half tread. The were extremely quiet for an MT and I got about 35K out of them before I had to ditch them. I also ran the xtreme all terrains for about 5K on that same truck and I loved them for a daily driver. Wore and rode excellent, and did better than a typical AT offroad.Those look pretty good

4. stumblefoot

stumblefoot Registered Member

I have a set of the extreme mud terrains and i like them, fairly quiet on the road and good in the mud and rocks, that's about all we have here in TX. strong sidewalls, and good load ratings, I have 35X12.50X15s