Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro Comp Lifts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther212, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

Over on Ebay there's some 6" lift kits with rear blocks and bushings and U-bolts, for $200. Seems like a good deal to me, but I know pro comp isn't the best. Does anyone run a pro comp lift? Not too bad of a deal...

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Their springs are just stiff...if you can live with that, then go for it...I have had 6" ProComp front springs on the front of my truck for about 8 months...They handle really well on the street b/c they are so stiff and resist body roll well...but I am going to go with BDS in the near future..

Chris

3. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

I figured they'd be real stiff... I was planning on going BDS too... I'm still gonna, I just needed an opinion from someone who had a pro comp kit

4. scooby

scooby Registered Member

go with the big dick.

5. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

pro comp makes kits for our trucks?! i've never ever seen any listed. tuff country or bds is the way to go

6. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Yea, if you are on a tight budget, ProComps are pretty okay /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif I have tuff country rear springs and they are super soft and flexy but the front springs are stiffffffffffffffff....I am going to be riding on BDS VERY SOON...IMHO, as an owner of ProComp, hold out another little bit for BDS... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Chris