Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PRO COMP M/T?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Mar 26, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Anyone use pro comp mud terrain tires? I am thinking about getting me some 35" pro comp m/ts. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get yourself a set of BFG M/T's. You will like them better, they wear better, are quieter, and are a better carcas.

3. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

I had always had BFG muds on my trucks but when ProComp came out with their tires I tried some 33's on my 1/2 ton Ram. They were okay. I would rather have had BFG's again though. The only thing I liked better about the Procomps than the BFG's was that the Procomps have sipes in the center lugs. They didnt seem to help a whole lot in wet weather though.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i run procomp MTs and totally dig em... not sure what people are talking about them wearing out fast... that hasnt been my experience at all.

dont really see any advantages in BFGs, procomps seem to be a little bit "stickier" of a compound IMO.

j

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have BFG's and my friend runs the Procomps on his jeep. They're pretty much the same performance wise but his has sipes...which are better in da rain...

6. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ... not sure what people are talking about them wearing out fast... that hasnt been my experience at all.

dont really see any advantages in BFGs, procomps seem to be a little bit "stickier" of a compound IMO.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stickier" compound that doesnt wear out faster /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Must be some high tech NASA designed super rubber or something. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

:NOTE: This post was made with a sence of humor, not trying to be an A-hole or anything /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I decided to try the pro comp's just because I got them really cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I farted (damn Arby's! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    :NOTE: This post was made with a sence of humor, not trying to be an A-hole or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Widowmaker runs pro comps in the 35" flavor and he likes them. They've lasted several hundred burn outs with little tread wear /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif