Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro Comp Suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Mar 4, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Any comments on the Pro Comp 6" suspension lift, with full springs? I can get a deal locally, but I also don't want a suspension that will jar all the fillings from my teeth!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

By the way, 5 x 35" Pro Compt MT's on 16" streetlock tires are on the way - Now I have to make em fit!! I don't want to trim (much anyway).

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Mine are not too stiff, I've riddin in many rigs that were far more stiff. Save your money and buy BDS springs, much better ride and flex.JMO!
    Bill

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have their 4 inch front springs and I actually love the ride. Softer than stock but more truck like than softer springs. I even flex mine pretty good. Basically if your used to stock you will love them. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I emailed ORD for a price check through them. I know that Tough Country springs have a good reputation for a smooth ride and those guys have set up a few here at CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've never had Pro Comp, but I've been told it rides rough. I personally like BDS and Tuff Country. You may want to consitter a ORD 4" shackle flip in combonation with 2" or 3" springs in the rear, to go along with the 6" front springs.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would have that 6" pro comp kit you are thinking of. It rides rough but not as bad as some springs out there but not near as soft as BDS or TC. Pro comp is not worth it because they are expensive and there is much better stuff out there.

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Youre probably paying more for the name with pro comp springs than anything else. I highly recommend BDS springs. You can purchase them online for under $100 a spring pack. They ride very nicely, flex very nicely, and have a no fine print warranty/lifetime guarantee. Basically, if you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, you get a new one period. Somebody on here broke a BDS leafpack on a rock while wheeling, they told BDS, and BDS sent them two brand new leafpacks (so the side that didnt break wouldnt be sagging lower than the new side.) Very good company.
    -Harrison

8. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You can purchase them online for under $100 a spring pack.
    -Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you get them for that much??

9. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

BDS- I've only seen that you have to buy it through an "authorized" dealer...

TC - I'll see what ORD will do for a setup.

Anyone have pics on a 4" lift and 35's - how much trimming necessary?

THANKS!

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Where can you get them for that much??

[/ QUOTE ]
    Im not sure of the website that sells them anymore, just ask around on here and I know that somenody can tell you. Or you can go onto BDS's website and find a dealer near you. I bought mine from a 4wd center near my house and paid $98 a spring pack.
    Mouse- Cant there be an authorized BDS dealer who sells online??
    -Harrison

11. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I've had a few brands, and currently have these. They BLOW. Get something else, even if it cost more.

12. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status