Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro Comp Tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86stockblazer, Dec 23, 2001.

1. 86stockblazer

86stockblazer Newbie

Ok I was thinking about geting the pro comp tires 33x12.50 15, will they fit on my stock ralley wheels that are only 8" wide?(and look good)? now i have to pick if i want the MT's or AT's I dont go off road that much but i would like a nice looking tire, and when i do go off road its only mud. thanks for your help

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

33 12.5's fit nicely on 8" rims. The Pro-comps seem to get good reviews here and if I was looking for a 33"-35" radial I'd consider them myself.

As for AT's vs MT's...you say you only go in mud when off road, and the one thing AT's really suck at is mud. That should make your decision much easier. Go with the MT's...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, those 35x12.5x15 procomps will fit on a factory rally just fine.

I have MTs, same size, on my 85. Pics in my webshots album. Good all around tire IMO. I dont really care about such things, but they are quiet on-road and "look cool" too.

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>

4. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

ive heard they wear well, go with mt's no question

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

and look good, are you kiddin? <font color=blue> form follows function buddy </font color=blue> ever stop and look at a pair of brake pliers? the look stupid, but really get the job done.

why not just run some EL-Cheapo Offroado specials?

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

6. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

And the bonus of using the 8" ralleye wheels will be you can air down considerably without the worries of popping a bead, I'm running pro-comp Mt's and they work great in all conditions, rocks to mud...I like 'em---Mikey

White Knight

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

BFG MT KM's are only $6 more a piece. Go for the BFG's. I have the Pro Comps and they aren't as aggressive as I'd like them to be. In South Central Texas we have sand and rock-filled mud. My rears have cuts and everything in them. No flats, but the tread is a little too soft.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

8. KENT

KENT 1/2 ton status

I just put on a set of Procom Xterains yeaterday. I love them. Drove 200 miles on wet pavement, gravel, and muddy roads yeasterday. They are so quite on the road it's unbelievable. I can acctually hear the radio! They work ok on the gravel, they got a little squirely in the corners.

In the mud they are better than I thought (they don't look real agressive). Much better than the regular MT tires I have had in the past.

I was screwing around in the pasture this afternoon and drove around one of the stock ponds. All of the suddne the rig comes to a complete halt and the tires started spinning. I thought that really sucked becuase it looked like firm ground. I got out to lock up the hubs and sunk clear to my knees in mud. I looked behind the truck and there were 8" ruts where I had been plowing thorugh the ground. Locked up the front poped it in four hi and puled out without spinning a wheel. I was impressed!

These are some awsome tires!

Kent

1989 K5

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

If you are looking at Pro Comps get the MT's. They are super quiet! Quiet as an AT. I have 35's on my truck now that are just about too quiet. Only bad thing is I think they are a bit shorter then advertised, but what else is new. For 33's I would go 15x8

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>