Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro Comp tires ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Jul 15, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Any of you guys running Pro Comp tires ? I'm looking at them but want to know how good they are. Also, does any body sell a package with Pro Comp tires and AE 589's ?

L8r,

.Riz.

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

One of my friends has them on his jeep and they wore down really fast. He does a LOT of highway driving and they're about half gone after 10,000 miles. They're worn down past the sipes. Off road they're great though, they form around rocks really well and "stick" to everything. He says they've been really good tires, they just wore down fast because he's on the highway for hours at a time, all the time. If the new BFG MT's last as long as my current set, I'm going to get them because I'm driving all the time too.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

4. imconfused

imconfused Registered Member

I just bought a set from 4wheelparts. You missed out on a deal .......BUY 3 GET 1 FREE on Both the tires and 589 wheels!!! I only bought the tires.. Procomp All-Terrain 33x12.50x15. I just put them on this weekend so I can't say much about them yet. As far as being reliable ....they come with a 50,000 mile warranty (at least the all terrain's did --not sure about the Mud tires) At first I did not like the look of them but once I installed them on the wheels they looked AWESOME!!! I did read a test on them and they got great reviews(can't remember where)

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I'd be driving about 35 miles both ways to work with them. I don't really care for the look of the BFG's even though they seem to be the best for lots of highway driving. Did your friend have the all terrains or the mud terrains ?

L8r,

.Riz.