Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro Comp Traction Bars - Anybody used them?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1986Blazer, Feb 11, 2003.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

I am having to use my K5 to tow my 25' boat that weighs about 8,000 lbs. with the trailer. I am getting some axle wrap
    with my 1 ton rear end. I am looking for some great traction bars to help. I found some nice ones from Pro Comp.

Summit sells them. Here is a link for them:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=%2Fproduct%2Easp%3Fp%3D2656%26searchtype%3Decat

Here is a closeup:

http://www.truckperformance.com/display.image.php?image=pcp_lateralinstall_500.jpg
    I like the integrated shocks.....especially I have still not installed my new shock mounts on my one ton rear.

Any info will be great!

Thanks

2. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They just installed a set of those on a new Chevy pickup on "Trucks!" It looked like you lose quite a bit of ground clearance with them. I think you also have to use dual shocks due to the mounting location. That mounting location travels up and down less than the actual axle itself, so a single shock may not have enough motion to be effective.

You might want to check with Stephen at www.offroaddesign.com for traction bars. He made some VERY nice ones for Toby's (moneypit) Blazer. I think they require that the brackets have to be welded in place, but they are tucked up next to the springs so there is no loss of ground clearance. They are a pretty sweet setup!