Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pro-Mig 135 Deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BulldogK5, Nov 10, 2005.

1. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Would a Lincoln Electric Pro-Mig 135 kit be a good deal for $225.00 without the leads? I can get a new display model at Lowe's but it does not have all of the leads or a mask. This unit retailed for $435 but there is a newer model to replace it. If this is a good deal, how hard are the leads to get and how much? Any help is appreciated. :D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When you say "leads" are you talking about the ground cable and clamp, or the wire feeding gun? If you are talking about the gun, then I would think twice about buying a light duty welder with half of it's parts missing. What else might be missing from this display model?

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I checkede it again and its missing the ground clamp and the gas regulator. The gun is with it as well as some of the wire. The main reason for this was to teach myself to weld. All I have ever done is burn some rods on metal decking. Just always wanted to build with metal. Thanks for the input.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

For $225 I would buy it. But offer them $200 just for the hell of it cuz it aint all there. Might as well try to get the best deal you can.
    That is a good welder. You can get the ground cable and clamp fron any welding suplyer in your town that deals in Lincoln. Or If there is a Parts list with the welder Just order it Ground cables are cheap . Go for it!

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Ask for the "zone manager" or the sales manager; they're the ones who can really make you a deal. Offer them $150 and see where that goes. If they balk at that, tell them at $150, once you buy the gun, regulator, and ground wire it needs you'll be in almost $300 for a non-stock item display model. They should accomodate you; I know my managers would.