Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

problem- no spark

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MuddyMudSkipper, May 15, 2002.

1. MuddyMudSkipper

MuddyMudSkipper Registered Member

the blazer wouldn't fire the other day so I checked for spark-none. I had 12 V going to the cap (it's an HEI) so I pulled it and wonderful, my rotor is no longer attached. It is sitting there off to the side with the 2 small screws in their holes but not threaded into the distributor itself. I looked everything over quickly for damage and everything appeared to be fine. I tightened it and tried to start it but it wouldn't fire. I will ckeck it out tomorrow when i have more time. What do you think the damage is? Can't be good to have my rotor being smacked around inside the cap. Hopefully it's something minor.
    Jeff

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Hei will blow a hole throught your rotor sometomes and then all your spark shoots down your distributor. then you dont get any spark. replacing the rotor cap will fix it.
    hope this helps

nathan

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Check to make sure the wires on the module did not come loose or get removed from the rotor being thrown around in there. If that all looks good I would say replace the module with a new one. If replacing the module does not work then keep the old one in the glove box as a spare since it wasn't the problem. (these go bad alot on GM vehicles) A spare module will be a blessing in disguise at a later date, trust me on this one.