Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problem Solved. Now on to a New One.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BAMA74K5, Mar 29, 2001.

1. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

Well, I figured out why it my Blazer was backfiring. The plugs were fouled out. I replaced them and it fired right up. Now all I have to do is figure out how to adjust the mixture. I think it is running to rich. I read another post on how to adjust the mixture, but I have not had time to play with it. I have to work for the next two days so the earliest I can get to it will be Sunday. Thanks to everyone that replied to my previous post.

Rush

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Post the specs on yor motor and carb and I bet somebody will fix ya right up.

"Why YES!..the Fast-lane was built just for YOU!! Because we all needed someone to drive slow and screw up traffic!!!!"

3. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

The motor is a 350. The card is a Q-Jet 4-Barrel that I just rebuilt. I hope this is enough info. Let me know if more is needed. Thanks.

Rush

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you have 2 big screws in front base of the carb turn them in all the way but dont go to tight you will crack the inside then back out 1 and a half turns this will get you very close to where you need to be then just fine tune from there

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]