Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

problem viewing threads...

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by lason, Jun 7, 2004.

1. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

Well, its not really a problem but when I click on a thread to view it, the site automatically throws me to the last post written, even if it is 8 pages down and it is really getting annoying. I have searched my options and preferences pages but cant find an option that pertains to my problem. Can someone please help, I just want it to go to the first post written on that thread instead of the last.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

That could be a small bug, it is fixed in the new version that is in beta now, for the time being you could go to your home page and toward the bottom of that page there is a delete cookies link that you can use to reset CK5.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I thought it should take you to the first post since the last time you visited. That's generally what I want is to just go straight to the new stuff. But I guess that's not what you’re talking about?

You can also click the little page numbers beside the title to go to a specific page. So if you want to start at the first of a thread without the detour, just click the "1" instead of the title on the index page. Hope that helps...

4. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought it should take you to the first post since the last time you visited. That's generally what I want is to just go straight to the new stuff. But I guess that's not what you’re talking about?

You can also click the little page numbers beside the title to go to a specific page. So if you want to start at the first of a thread without the detour, just click the "1" instead of the title on the index page. Hope that helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it helps but its just something I noticed and wanted to make the admins aware of. Usually your right, if I have been watching the thread I would like it to take me to the last read post but in this case it automatically just takes me to the last post every time, even if it is my first time viewing a thread.