Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problem with another member (Paying for parts but not recieving them)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevyCaGal, Nov 5, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok.... never did this before and honestly hate too. But here's the deal. Back in August I sent Jeremy (55Willy) $100.00 bucks for some shock mounts. He told me he was very swamped and busy due to the orders for Moab he was doing. I said no rush and no sweat on my end finish those and get to mine later on in September.

It's now November I've tried to be understanding but I honestly am getting pretty upset here. Last month I sent him 2 emails and he never replied to them. I also sent him PM last week and I can see it was checked because I used the tracking thing this site has. Yesterday I also sent out another PM and email with no reply as of yet.

I am a very understanding person. I know stuff happens in life and sometimes plans do not go like they should. I am very patient to say the least and think I have been this far to have waited this long. However I am finding more and more people like myself who have paid for parts and not recieved them from him.

Honestly I'm trying to figure out who all is owed here. There is a post in the Bloody Knuckle about this but non-members who might be experiencing this cannot read about it. I'd really like to work something out with Jeremy. Either getting my mounts or to at least have him say hey I cannot give them to you. Then have him work out how he will return the money. If cannot return it to me right away then fine. But at least let me know what is going on and maybe work out something where he'll pay me back some at a time.

Anyhow Jeremy, if you are reading this.... yes I am upset, I think I have every right to be here. But if you are having issues where you need help please contact me. I will do all I can to help you out. Please at least reply to people and let people know the deal. The longer you let this go the worse it's going to become. I'm willing to work on this deal with so please work on it with me. Thanks....

BTW this is not a bashing post. So if you instend to bash don't post. This is to find a solution to this issue with a resolution that will make everyone happy.

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

very professional, very well worded. my hats are off to you and i hope you problem is corrected soon. a lesser person would have/could have been less tactful.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Kudos on this post very well thought out and written! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Good luck with the issue.
    Bill

4. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I have encountered a simmilar issue. I had sent ratpack7 some parts and he would buy me a big blaze tape for payment. I send him the parts to be nice, because he needed the parts asap. I never got the tape or any other form of payment. And he has stopped returning my personal messages. It is not that I really need the money (but I did want the tape), but it is the principal.

5. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear you had a bad time with that. Not trying to highjack a post, but I saw a few new members put up a few posts this week, and just wanted to let them know that that kind of response is not the norm on this site when you do business with members. I've ordered from doctor 4x4, 95 Silverado, BigOrange90Jimmy, and 77Blazin and couldn't be happier. I've gotten parts to keep mine running for a fraction of what I would have paid elsewhere and recieved great treatment from everyone I've delt with. This is a site full of a lot of people you can trust.

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I too, have the same problem. Anyone who Jeremy owes parts to, post up.

The following was posted in the "Bloody Knuckle" as Jeremys reply to some of the heat he is getting for taking peoples money and not delivering.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Dear concerned customers,
    In reply to the slanders in post and PM's I wish to offer an apology to all of you that i have left hanging.
    I never expected these mounts to get as popular as they are. So that is why I have turned down all new orders and I'm filling the prevous orders that i have. There will be a partial refund issued with the mounts when I mail them out. I know this has taken intirely too long. but I'm waiting for parts too. I need parts to make these and have been buying up stuff as it comes availble. I'm sorry and that is why I am not opening "shop" til I have a built up inventory of all availble parts.
    Jeremy
    "Howlin' Off Road"

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy, as my patience has worn thin, I have made some inquires and found that you have not filled orders back into June. So let me ask you this, why did you take my money in September and cash the money order when you have not delivered orders from June?

I am tired of patiently of waiting for you to get your act together. Rectify this situation at once by sending everyones money back.

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i ahve also been waiting for 3 months for him to make my mounts.i specifically told him that i would not send the money if i could not get the mounts within a couple of weeks.he assured me and still assures me that they are being made.it seems that the only one that got his mounts from jeremy was steve.that is where i got the idea to buy jeremy's mounts.i have also told him that the way he does business is wrong and that he should not have sold me the mounts if he could not make them in the time i gave him.trust is becoming a major issue with some people on this site.i have had good dealings with the members on this site and this is only the first bad ive had.but i just dont want to be out 100 dollars and still not have what i paid for.makes me wonder how many "backordered" mounts i am in line behind.

8. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

thats reliability for you, Kick His Ass!!! and beat him over the head with one of those 10 bolt axle shafts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. i have two extras if you want one, ill send it to ya free.

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

OK, I know this is not a bash post so I'll try to contain myself. I have done alot of business on the web both here and ebay and luckily I have delt with pretty honest people. The things that I've been hearing about has gotten my attention and not in a good way. I suppose we need to give him the benefit of doubt, that nothing has happened to him. Like a car wreck or sudden traumatic illness. But that only leaves these people to think that if he is well, what kind of person would take money from someone else and not deliver as promised.... no matter what the situation!!!!

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

thats reliability for you, Kick His Ass!!! and beat him over the head with one of those 10 bolt axle shafts . i have two extras if you want one, ill send it to ya free.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of us are friends of Jeremy. He is very much in the wrong here but comments like that are not needed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I have talked with Jeremy a lot in the past and i know he is an honost guy. You have to remember that he is not some big fab shop and you went with him to get parts cheap. He is not the kind of person who is gonna take your money and run. He has gotten in over his head with these shock mounts, and should have said no more orders a long time ago. So he made a mistake, and many of us have made mistakes too, no one here is perfect.

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

man i hate to see this happen i got my shock mounts from jeremy just fine , heck i don't even remember when that was now, but he's a great guy and IMO a popular/upstanding member here, but this is really giving people a bad impression of him.

oh and 87sm465np208 </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    thats reliability for you, Kick His Ass!!! and beat him over the head with one of those 10 bolt axle shafts

[/ QUOTE ] that was uncalled for! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

i agree with muddysub...i didnt order mounts from jeremy but ive talked to him numerous times in pms and chat...i think he just got in over his head and now hes backtracking but he shouldnt have left anybody in the dark

as far as this is concerned </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    thats reliability for you, Kick His Ass!!! and beat him over the head with one of those 10 bolt axle shafts

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont you shut your mouth and keep your comments out of things you dont know about nor understand...

post whore /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Later

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I agree with Muddysub. I haven't ordered any mounts from him. But have talked with him a lot..He also donated a shock mount to our BlazerFest. He did just get in over his head. He has made a few mistakes.. But so has a lot of people starting up a new buisness.. I am sure he will make things right with everybody he owes...Dan

15. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

That message was very tactful, ChevyCaGal. It really helps to keep your patience because it often pays off in the end. Bashing doesn't get you anywhere, it just pisses people off. I respect your calmness and patience.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Will

16. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Bout time someone posted this in the main forum. Glad you did it Steph cause it wouldn't have sounded as nice from me. I ordered mine back in June. I pretty much gave up on this so I made my own mounts. All I want is my money back now. It pissed me off when I found out <font color="green">MuddySub</font color> got his mounts from Jeremy in about a week from ordering. This was around Aug/Sept and I know for sure I placed my order before him. I understand people go through hard times but he needs to make things right. I've held off re-doing my rear suspension because I was waiting on these. 5 months is too long. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Kick His Ass!!! and beat him over the head with one of those 10 bolt axle shafts

[/ QUOTE ] thats about the responce i expected from our favorite illegal wheeler/rocketscientist/bootyfabenginer. why don't you STFU /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I think some of y'all are taking up for Jeremy too much! If he is such a stand up guy then why would he still be taking orders and money from people as late as September or October when he has orders he hasn't filled from June or July? Sounds pretty dishonest to me! If he can't get the parts out to people what is the problem with refunding their money? Why is he reading PM's from people and not responding? It all sounds pretty fishy to me. I came real close to ordering a set of rear shock mounts from Jeremy, I'm glad I decided to spend a little more and go with MO Offroad !! Thanks Steve!

Mike

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't know what to tell you, but I'm gonna have to stand by Jeremy, too. I haven't gotten anything from him, but have chatted, PM'ed, and posted back and forth with him, literally thousands of times and will vouch that he is "one of the good guys."

Now for whatever his reason is that he is not meeting the supply and demand for these shock brackets, I would hope that he is having some kind of problem, a personal problem and nothing else. Until we hear back from him and get his reason, he is good in my book. Just wish he can hurry up to get this matter resolved before too many send him to the "sh!tlist." /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

20. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

There's a big damn difference between getting in over your head and being 6 MONTHS BEHIND /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif This is un-called for. If this guy is such a good guy, why the hell hasn't he contacted us? And don't pull that crap on me that he got his phone/internet cut off. Yeah, its real hard to walk down to a public internet connection i.e. the Library /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif At this point I could care less if he is the Queen of England /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif he shafted the members who are due thier Shock mounts. End of conversation.