Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problem with TH700R4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FergsK5, May 6, 2002.

1. FergsK5

FergsK5 Registered Member

Bought my 84' K5 in November of 2001, and love it. I have been going through a list of things to fix/check. I was going to change the transmission filter and fluid. but it went to hell. One of the bolts on the pan was larger than the others, had 7 washers and gasket sealer on it. Oh god.. well, on taking the bolts out, i saw the one with the washers had the outside of the hole was broken off. All of the other holes had the bolts overtourqed, and brought the threads out with them. So, when replacing the pan, they wouldnt grab, I triend to put a selp tapping screw of the next size up and broke anothe bolt hole. Any advice or @$$ kickings for me? I wanna get the pan to seal up because I can't afford another transmission.
    ~Ferg

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

go buy a heli coil set...its works really well on low torque applications.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd try threadserts, but in any case, with the bolts you are talking about, careful is your key word if drilling and tapping the holes out..