Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problems starting...again!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by K5Blazed, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. K5Blazed

    K5Blazed Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2003
    Posts:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Davis, CA
    Last week I got my rig to start up after having hours of frustration with priming the fuel system. I found it easier to prime the system using a hand-pump deal from a boat. So, anyways I got it started and let it run for about 3-5min at idle. When I went to start it up again the next day, it started fine, but started to have a rough idle. I was not in the truck to give it any gas...so it died...and still is. I tried priming the system again the same way I did before, with no luck. I need suggestions, please because my neighbors are jerks and keep giving me crap for having my Camo K5 sitting in the same spot for so long(they've called the cops 3 times). Thanks.
     
  2. DieselDan

    DieselDan 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2001
    Posts:
    1,056
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Vermont
    If you're not leaking (air) at one of connections, I would suspect your delivery pump. You said it was easier for you to prime with a vacume pump????
     
  3. K5Blazed

    K5Blazed Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2003
    Posts:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Davis, CA
    I ended up getting it started back up again. I had to re-prime the system since it was running off fuel in the fuel filter. I had some problems starting, so I decided not to pull the pink wire off, but instead pulled the green wire off and it started right up! Amazing. Anyways, I drove it around the block for a while to get the fuel all the way through the lines. The rig ended up changing gears like butter, too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I think it was having problems before since the guy who last worked on it had a 3" body lift on it with extensions on all the shift and steering linkages; so maybe the geometry was all wrong on it. I ended up removing the tree shift and installing a floor-mounted deal I bought at Kragen for $60. Now it is just the way I like it...working(and it looks savage). Thanks.
     

Share This Page