Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problems with a 12" suspension lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 23, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Problems with a 12\" suspension lift?

I knew it was going to happen. Now I want to put a 12" suspension, 3" body, and run 44" Boggers. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Now, what kind of crap am I going to have to do about the driveline? I think it's going to take a hell of a lot more than just grinding and CV's. I'm serious about doing this too. There isn't a single Blazer here in Wichita that has 44's on it. I want to be able to dominate! I think "BigBurb" would be the guy to talk to, so I hope he replies here.

p.s. Don't bring up that, "you're going to need to get bigger axles," crap. I know, and don't worry, I'm already taking care of that now. hahahaha

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Re: Problems with a 12\" suspension lift?

I would call Jesse at high angle driveline to get your hands on a 80 deg. cv. The problem is he's hesistant to make the unit for a 208. I read your profile and you have an 88' with a 700r4 so I am ASSUMING you still have the 208. If that fails call Tom Woods. Dont forget about steering issues, you will probably need a cross-over steering setup. And ,skimp not, on your brake cables/lines. Oh yeah, [​IMG][​IMG] you will need to upgrade your axles!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

[image]http://www.hkpro.com/action3tacnor.jpg[/image] Dont steal my truck..I dont need anymore worthless junk over my fireplace.

3. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Why so much lift?

I've got a 3 inch body lift on the Blazer. A ~5.5 inch suspension lift will be going on the truck shortly. And I plan on running 44 inch rubber. Everything measures that is should fit. In fact, I was debating taking some of the lift out.

--Rob

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Alex, you are one crazy dude!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Must be a "size issue" you have with the ladies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I hate to burst your bubble homey, but I was at a car show last weekend and there was a Blazer, from Wichita, with 44 inch Boggers on it. It was white with strobe lights on it. Kinda stupid, but it still had 44's on it.
    All I can say is you better find a Dana 60 to match that 14 bolt in the back if you go ahead and do this.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well w/ 44's... yes Wes it sounds like a size issue LMAO [​IMG]. I'd say ditch the 208... you need best of the best... If it is my rig I settle for nothing short of a 454, TH400, 205... D60 and 14B FFw/ some major gears. Probably looking at a 2" drop of the tcase and then some beefy 80 degree shafts or possible a double cv shaft depending what you can get done w/ driveline angles... cut and weld the perches... ummm and probably about twenty more things...

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

7. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

At times like this I envy you Americans. Here in the Netherlands I already spend a good 20 weeks, finding me a 6" lift for my '88. It is so frustrating that at times, that it almost made me sell the Blazer.

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Can't you find someplace here in the States and do a simple mail order? Surely someone could ship the kit to you way up there in 'Neverland'!!! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!