Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

problems with crossover

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Apr 21, 2002.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

I started my crossover steering project using knuckles off of a 76 3/4 ton truck. I got the knuckles on and tried to attach the draglink and realized the taper was from the top and not the bottom. The draglink would hit the bottom of the leaf springs. So now im having to go to high steer, which is costing me more money. I just had to vent, i always end up spending to much money.

2. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

You could drill out the hole and use heims. Maybe.

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

DO WHAT CHAD SAID.

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

You could also install a 0-rate....maybe even a custom one that is cut at the angle you need to eliminate the cheesy (aluminum type) degree shims.

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about the tie rod?

My tie rod is on top of my knuckles like yours which was no problem til I got my rock rod.The extra diameter of the rock rod caused it to rub the bottom of my springs some times.I fixed this by making a 1/4"flat stock spacer that bolted to the bottom of the spring pack with the center pin.Materials probably cost about $1/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ok heres the deal,all you need for this to work is a tie rod from a 73 to 80 1/2 or 3/4 ton or blazer,the ends are dropped so it will clear the springs.im betting you have a tubular tie rod on there now right?the earlier tie rods are solid with different ends.hope this helps

shane