Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problems with RCI - 2950 radio.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by chevblazk5, Jan 26, 2003.

1. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I canot send or receive signal with my RCI radio. I already replaced my old antena with no luck. This happened after I got my truck back from trans shop. (I was stupid enough to leave the radio in the truck.) Any ideas?

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Check your coax and connections. Depending on where yours is mounted I would make sure something didn't get spilled on it. Coke and circuit boards don't mix.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If antenna checks out, and setting are all okay, I'd be willing to be it the finals. My friend Lew runs a radio repair shop, and has alot of experence with the 2950. Infact, he has one in his personnal vichile. Bigfoot Radio Repair

4. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The finals are bad. I am gonna have a local CB shop fix it for me as I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to these radios.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have them put bigger finals in it. Like for a 2970

6. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

I agree totally, bigger is better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

actually the "finals" in a 2970 are the same size but there is only 1 "final" in the radio. There is only 2 differences between a 2950 and 2970. The 2950 has dual "finals" and the 2970 has only one "final" wired directly to a really crappy amplifier bolted to the case. A regular 2950 and external 250 watt amplifer (which most 250 watt amps use the same power devices as whats used in a 2970) will out perform a 2970, will be much more stable and cost about the same.