Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problems with sleeping....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Oct 13, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, ive been on a good long vacation for a while,and now my sleep hours are all jacked up. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif It started uot staying up till 1 am,then 2 am , them 3 am,and so forth. I need to get reversed back to waking up at 7 am. Anyone have this before??? These hours of opperation just aint cuttin it . Im thinking something to do with sleeping pills might work, but post up if yuouve had this before /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I wouldn't go on sleeping pills, but that's just cause I hate being dependant on something like that... But I have caught insomnia the every now and then last couple weeks for some reason. I roll over and see it being 3:30 am and I'm still bursting with energy, after being up since 7 that morning, and having to get up at 7 next morning.

Good luck... It sucks being tired!

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

that happens every year after summer holidays for me /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

just stay up till 1AM,go to bed and set the alarm for 7:00 am. get up and STAY up. then go to bed the time you would for work. i do it every vacation or long holiday. hopr it helps.usually i suffer the day i go back to work but now i make it the day before. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ambien!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifThe only thing that works for me....But it doesn't sound like you'll need something like that, maybe a couple drinks???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I work from 1:00 PM to 12:00 AM. Get home and stay up untill around 3:00. I make myself get up at 5:30 AM if I'm going hunting if not I'll get up between 8 and 9. (5 month old son). Thing is I only work monday thru Thursday. So on Fri, Sat and Sunday I hunt/work/play hard outside and go to bed by 1:00 AM. I guess I just don't work hard enough at work to get tired. I'm working right now./forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Sleep is over rated anyway. You can sleep when you die. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif When I go on vacation I'm tired the whole time and I'm getting like 9-10 hours sleep then. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whats ambien?? is that a sleeping drug?? I need drugs i guess. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Cause this aint cutting it. I tried the staying awake thing,but it dosent work.........

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I always go right to sleep after sex.

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

An herb named Valerian will help. Non-addictive, get it at any health food place or the drug store in the vitamin section. Comes in capsules. All natural.

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Alright, ill go get some of that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifdoes it put you right to sleep?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

It does not put you right to sleep. I suggest you take one or two, read a cpoy of 4 wheel & offroad in bed. After about 25 min. or so you will be restful, and then it is nighty nite time.

12. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Multiple times i have stayed up for 32 - 38 hours to be able to get to bed early and be tired when I do so. Just get some energy drinks like Bawls or Rockstars and have a couple. I've found that if you can get past the 26th hour your golden.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just do something to get Your ass tossed in to jail /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I hear it's lights out at 8:00 pm /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ahhh, Corey. always hammering down with the voice of reason............ /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif all the fun stuff is illegal now days,murder,robbery, etc, but i hear the quatly of the food in there aint what it used to be. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Plus, i dont think i could sleep good in there.I wish it was the olden days where, someone pops off with something ya dont like, ya just break out the old side iron and give em a pop /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Sounds like we're on the same schedule. Don't you love these looonnng vacations./forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Let me know when you figure it out.

16. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Staying up all night sucks until you get past the "hump" and get your second wind of energy. I dont stay up all night often but I have 2 exams tommorow so I dont have a choice, I didnt think I was gonna make it here a bit a go but hell theres no point in going to bed for 3 hours...My bed is calling my name but I refuse to listen... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Loud alarm clock set for 5 am. Belive me after awhile, you'll start going to bed sooner.

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Decided to do the all night thing,coffeee lots of coffeeee /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

You can also get Melatonin. It's an all natural supplement. It's the same chemical your brain produces when it's time to go nighty night. I have a bottle of it. I use it when I have to travel back and forth between the east/west coast. Coming home isn't bad, but going east sux. I take 2, hit the sack, and wake up the next day on the new time zone. Works like a charm for me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Also, it's cheap, like $5 a bottle at Wal-Mart. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I work nights so my sleeping schedule is always all f'd up. I've been looking into a drug called Modafinil that gives you energy and helps you to stay awake but it will still allow you to sleep when you want to. It is sometimes referred to as a nap in a pill. It's used to treat narcolepsy, road warriors, and people that have trouble sleeping due to shift work. From what I understand you take it during the time you are supposed to be awake so you don't feel like total crap and then and the end of your day when you are ready to go to sleep you'll be so dead tired that you should crash like normal. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Sounds like it could work. As soon as I get a chance to go to the doc I'm going to see if he'll perscribe it to me.