Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Problems with summit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Randy92782, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

I HAVE TO RANT:angry1:

ok so i oredered mt body lift about tuesday of last week. went ahead and paid for the next day air so as i could go to the mud run on the 21st
    wed.- no lift
    thurs.- no lift decided to call...they said they couldn't ship it to a p.o box it was too big of an order. nice to know now. it said nothing about that on my order form to my recollection. gave em our "physical" address
    Fri.- nooo lifttttt.....wth now i'm angry, and my Blazer's not gonna be finished
    Sat. went to mud runs w/ my brother (had a blast regardless) but got home.
    no lift yet again.
    Sun.- well of course mail doesn't run this day. no problem there
    Mon.- NO LIFT!!!! omg people come on. had to call em and was just gonna tell em to cancel cause it was their fault but they talked me into gettin it shipped free of charge...yeah right. still don't get my money but oh well. need to get it done
    sooooo
    TUES... finally got my lift. i must be an idiot. had no idea you had to use your factory body mounts. well stupid s**ts i threw em away a week ago. if you woulda sent em to me you were supposed to i woulda just dug em out the trash.

anyhow "Summit you suck. no more business for you from me!!!" :shame:

2. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

please no spelling corrections. i know how you guys are and i've only been here for a little while. hahaha j/k

3. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

What was your order number?

4. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

I've had the best shipping of any company ever in my life with Summit Racing. I did get some idiot on the phone trying to tell me that the only GM torque converter bolt pattern is 10.4". Yes, 10.4". I figured out the numbers myself and ordered the part shipped next day air. This was at like 8pm. It was at my door the next morning. Awesome. I should really make a list of all the times that shipping was botched with everyone else.

Andy

5. Craig Artzner

I work at Summit in sales/service. I just wanted to see his order to find out exactly what happened :dunno:

6. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cool, you work for Summit!!! :eek1: :bow:

Could you by any chance perhaps maybe possibly get me a discount? :deal: :D

7. Jimmy4matt

Jimmy4matt Registered Member

I've always had top quality service with summit on purchases and returns. Sorry about your situation. That sucks. I think as a company Summit should probably offer CK5 folks a discount as an apology.

8. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Not to be a dick, but I bet if you read the T.O.S. you would find out Summit isn't really at fault. First of all FedEx/UPS cant deliver to a PO BOX. Now you expect them to fix it in a day, not going to happen its going to put your order a day back. FedEx/UPS doesn't deliver ground on Saturday or Sunday. 3 Day ground is normal shipping. So Summit is the Idiot because you didn't know what your doing?

9. Craig Artzner

All righty now. Let's not get carried away. :D As much as I would love to get my friends a discount, I can't. They have released people for engaging in such activity, it's against company policy. Besides, I only get a certain amount I can spend per year under my discount and you can bet I need every last cent of it. :o :D

10. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

x2 this sounds like your problem, not Summit's. They have always been good to me, although they are only 1/2 hour up the road.

11. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yup, Summit rocks... Been my aftermarket supplier for 20 yrs, with the occasional Jeg's order thrown in...

NEVER had a prob... The "handling" fee is kinda ghey, but whatever, still the best prices around usually....

12. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I've given them about $1500 in the last month or two and the only problem I've had was with some springs for my car. The expected arrival date kept slipping and slipping. I finally cancelled my order and got them elsewhere. Other than that, they've been top notch. Most of my stuff shows up next day, alot of times on saturday too. Website is ALOT nicer than Jegs too IMO.

13. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

So, after the initial PO box debacule, why didn't you ask on Friday why your package wasn't there? (Unless you called too late on Thursday?). They always email a tracking number and add it to your order status when it's done in their shipping dept too. If that tracking number wasn't on the order status page by days end,I would have been on the phone.

Sorry to hear about that. I've been ordering very heavily from summit for the past several months, and have used them for the past 20 years. They have always had top notch shipping,and their customer service has been outstanding

14. LEEREED123

LEEREED123 1/2 ton status

I've never had a probllem with Summit either.
    the retail store in Atlanta is incredible! like a giant toy store!(my wife won't let me in there by myself after i bought about $3800 worth of stuff for my Chevelle in there without telling her...:crazy: )

15. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

couple of things I have learned over the years when ordering parts.

1: call the order in and make sure you are ordering the right thing.

2: get the persons name you ordered from, write it down.

3: ship the parts to your job. there is usually someone there to sign. too many of my packages were not left at my apartment because no one was home.

4: make sure any issues are resolved before going on the internet and bashing the company you ordered from when it may be partly your fault.

I ordered a set of headers from Summit about 2 months ago. I called the order in so that I made sure I was getting the right ones and not just the ones I thought were right. When they arrived I called Hedmann to ask how I should coat them. After talking to the guy from Hedmann I found out the headers I bought were not the right ones.

I called Summit back and explained that I needed an exchange. They emailed me a return label and sent the right ones out. They also updated their catalog with the right information. I got a new catalog in the mail 2 days ago and checked it against my older one.

If I had ordered online I would have had to pay for the return shipping, but since I had the name of the person I ordered from and explained that I told him my application and bought what he recommended they covered everything.

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That whole "helping yourself" and "responsibility' thing you have going is way overrated. My policy is to just place an order for stuff, don't read the TOS and then bitch if it does not work out...

17. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I've had 3 bad experiences with summit.

Overall my opinion is their packing is usually poor with heavy items packed in oversize boxes. They quit using packing peanuts and have switched to those stupid plastic air filled bags. Had a brand new TCI torque converter rip out of the box somewhere along the delivery route, which had to be returned due to heavy impact damage.

Had a TBI manifold come in that was from a rejected lot of bad castings. Either Edelbrock made a mistake or Summit was selling seconds.

An order of body mounts ended up in New Jersey instead of Colorado.

Their saving grace is that they generally have good follow up when they make mistakes. I have never ended up with out of pocket expenses, just lost time. I know they do an immense volume of business but they need to work on their packaging.

18. Craig Artzner

:eek1: :bow: :eek1: :bow: You guys are pretty much awesome. In my line of work here I always tend to be involved with the small percentage of customers who have problems (whether it be theirs or ours, we're not perfect either). It's nice to know there are guys like you all out there willing to take responsibilty for their own mistakes rather than just blame us for every oversight. With all the resources available today for confirming parts it's really easy nowadays to make sure you're getting the right thing (wrong parts tends to be the bulk of what I deal with on a day-to-day basis).

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have bought a lot of stuff from Summit. Overall I am very pleased with them. I usually get parts next day if I order in the morning.
    They have only made one mistake in all my orders. They sent me headers for a IFS truck instead of the ones needed for a Blazer. I called. They apologized for the mistake said wrong part# was entered in the computer. When I got the right Headers a short time later. I was pleased to find a Summit hat and a plastic coffee cup in the box with them.:laugh:. Keep up the good work.:waytogo:

20. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Yeah, really, when I order 3 times a week from them, I think they can skip the catalog and hat. It seems to be random, like, not in every shipment, but I've got like 20 summit hats now and a pile of catalogs I put in the mag recycle bin.
    I don't even ever look at the paper catalogs for most places anymore, the online catalog, for most places, has all that info and more.