Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PROBLEMS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MA87K5, Feb 16, 2001.

1. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

On the way to work this morning the power to my radio, the horn, and the inside lights went out. After I hit one the many potholes. The fuse to the horn is blown and keeps blowing. I have power to the radio but it doesn't work. I'll troubleshoot the radio tomorrow. The dome lights have no power to the bulbs. Except for the light under the dash in the middle, that one won't shut off. The only fuse blown is the horn fuse. I don't smell anything burnt. Any help please.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ma87k5 on 02/16/01 08:25 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

check the wiring to the cigerette lighter mine fried in back of it and did exactly what your talking about.

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

3. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I think i fixed the problem. One of the horns was shorted out. I shook the horn and the shorted piece loosened and fell out. So far so good. Thanks for your help though. I appreciate it.