Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

procomp radial mud terrains

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Calclips, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    How well do these tires perform, wear, etc.... are they good tires? 4WPW has a special buy 3 get 1 free going right now so I was looking at them pretty close. Any information would be most helpful....

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

These are pretty decent tires actually. Both of my brothers have them, one on a 72 Bronco and one on a 68 CJ5 - they perform very well in the terrain we see out here in California, and are better than my BFG Muds in the snow and ice (because of the siping). They seem to be wearing very well for both of them. My brothers also scored the buy 3 get one free deal from 4WP last year - it is a good deal in my opinion. I'd rate them right up there with BFG from what I have seen so far... they are also pretty quiet and smooth on the highway - all in all, a very good tire for most environments.

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Just be careful when going for the buy 3, get 1 free deal since 4WPW always jacks up the price of the tires when doing this (this doesn't surprise me with this company).

The 35x12.50r15's are listed for $176 during this "special deal" at 4WPW, while National Tire & Wheel lists them for $149.....that's $27/tire difference. Basically the difference is only $528 vs. $596. Don't forget to factor in shipping or taxes, plus other companies like National would probably deal with you to get the price down.

4. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

dude got my procomp mt's 2 weeks ago from 4 wheel parts in lynwood washington ask 4 jon he will make you a good deal? i love these tires they look great and the road noise is very low.my 2 cents .ps$$$ 560.00 delivered to my front door???

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have run procomp MTs for a while now, I really like them. They are compable to BFG MTs in most respects (thats a good thing). Surprisingly quiet on-road... good on rocks and trails. i dont go mudding a lot or drive in sand.. so i couldnt help ya there. At any rate, if they made a 37" size, my next set of street tires would be Procomp MTs... oh well, i hear that goodyear and BFG are both gonna make a 37" version of their MTs (if they dont already).

J

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have them right now and like them alot... awsome on road manners as well as offroad... the best thing has been the snow and ice performance... makes the other MT tires look like racing slicks.

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I've had them for about 9 months now.. I love them.. They are getting a little loader now.. But all m/t tires do that...Dan

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

See them on my Suburban after I bought them...look at my profile and go to my homepage. Anyway, good tires, the key is to rotate them often. Mine are lasting fairly well for such a heavy truck. Very smooth, even at higher speeds. Towing, very well. Off-road, could be a little more aggressive, but overall a very good tire. About prices...I paid $136 a piece for my 31" tires. A week later I find out that summit sells them for $124 a piece. Find them cheaper in an ad, take it to 4WPW and they will match the price.

9. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I noticed on their website that the Xterrains were about the same price as the Muds. I don't know if its a better tire or not. It says its suppose to handle snow better. I know sombody just got the Xterrains on this site. Mabey they have an opinion on the Xterrains.

10. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I think the X-terrains are probably sweet, but I have no experience with them. They are priced higher than the A/T's or M/T's. The 37" version is coming out soon.

I just mounted Pro Comp M/T's last night. They came from 4WPW mounted on new mickey thomspson rims. They gave me what I asked for on time and for a better price than anyone else could give me, so maybe I'm the exception. Anyway, I am still really geeked out right now, but they seem great! The road noise just barely increased over the all terrains I just took off.

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue>I have 5 Eagle 589's with 35's wrapped around them in my garage waiting for the other work to get done on the Blazer first ........... I got it all including mounting,balancing and shipping to my door for 1,000 even ! It's good to hear all the testimonials about them ........ I can't wait to use them !

12. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I am gonna get the ProComp radial M/T's from 4wpw right now during the special. They have them listed at 166 per tire, with buy 3 get one free, AND free shipping. the shipping would've been like 80 bucks and the 166 bucks off with the free tire makes it come out to like 500.85... sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially after all the good things I hear bout em'.

13. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

I was just looking at 4WP site and they have the x-terrain listed for $212 a tire x 3 that's $636 for all 3 and get the 3rd one free plus tax grand total of $688.47 not bad for some 35x12.50x16s I think I'm going this route I just need to buy the 8 lug rims for about $150 all 4 used I dont care total would be about $840 for the whole set, I've been looking around and I cant get any 35" tires and rims for less than $900 used ones too, if I go with the procomps I'm gonna be running on new shoes wich I like it, any way just my 2cents.

14. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I bought the Xterrains a while back and love them. I have used them in the rain, snow and mud. I was out a couple of weekends ago and it snowed about 8" in less then 1 1/2 hours. I was on the hwy and they shut it down due to many suv, 4x4 in ditches. With the X-terrains, I never had to put the Jimmy in 4 wheel drive. I kept it in 2 wheel drive and had no problems.

Everyone I know that have had the M/T's liked them better then the BFG M/T's.

15. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

How much did you pay for your x-terrains, I called4 wheel parts and I asked for a whole combo package, of 4 35" x-terrains mounted on 16" eagle 589s, mounted and balanced with all the accesories I need and they're asking $1200 is this a good price, I was thinking of buying the tires only but I cant find a descent set of 16" 8 lug rims to buy so I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to spit out the $1200 (ouch) unless somebody can sell me some descent looking 8 lug 16" rims I need them by this weekend I'm swaping my axles and I need them.

16. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I have been gone for a few days. I got the 33 x 12.50's x 15's. I paid $700 for them and the black rock crawler tires. I don't have a lift kit on the Jimmy. The 33" are the biggest I can use.

17. tagurit

tagurit Registered Member

So what is 4WPW's website url?

18. steve_97

steve_97 Registered Member

19. tagurit

tagurit Registered Member

LOL, that's the only thing I didn't try.

Thanks!