Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ProComp springs-good or trash?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NewK5Guy, May 13, 2002.

1. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Found a place advertised in Four Wheeler I believe that has 6" rear springs from Explorer Pro Comp for a good price, $130 each, with bushings. Are Pro Comp's good springs? If they are, I'll buy the pair instead of a whole lift kit to get the rear spring upgrade I want. Then I'll replace the fronts(which are in better shape as it is) whenever.

2. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I don't know, but I want this post to get some replys! I'm interested in the rear procomps myself. Usually you get what you pay for to some extent, which likely means they aren't the smoothest riding or flexiest springs out there. But I'm sure they beat my 1ton springs/4inch block combo!

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

We just finished lifting my buddy's Sub using 6" ProComps all around. I'm running 6" ProComps in front of my K5 and they are pretty stiff. The rear 6 inchers on the Sub surprised me cause they actually flexed real good when we tested 'em. But I think they would act differently on a K5 due to the less weight of the rear, compared to a Sub. Hope this helps.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have Procomp front 2.5" springs. They are pretty stiff. That is a good price though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

One hell of a bumpy ride better hold on. I have a 4 inch lift and it sucks almost bone jarring

6. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

I've been running pro comps on my Jeep for a couple years now, they flex like hell, I have never had a problem with them, and I beat the s**t out of that thing. still no sag and they still ride like new.

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have the 4" front procomps. Seems to ride rough on road but extremely flexible of road..... Can they be flexy and harsh at the same time?

I have the RS9000 shocks that may contribute to the on-road harshness.

They dropped about 1.5-2" after break in which put them in the correct height.

I like them and would buy them again.

8. gritdog

gritdog Registered Member

I have the 6" front procomps springs with leaf and block in rear. I also have a rough ride in my 78 pu. Cost was good but I would rethink it if I was going to buy again.

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I have the front 4" Procomp springs. They are too stiff in my opinion, but most any off the shelf spring will be. Tuff Country is your best bet for a soft off the shelf spring.