Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

procomp tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gotmud77, Feb 24, 2004.

1. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Buy 3 get 1 free starts march 1st.

2. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

its a rip off b/c they raise tire prices buy 40 bucks a tire so pretty much its like 75 dollars off

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Save up some more money and get some BFGs or MTR's you will be alot happier.

Harley

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have never owned a set of Pro-Comps but they look just like my old BFGs, except sipes. I'd definitely try them.

You guys are right about the buy 3 get 1 deal. It's no big deal.

5. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that you guys think or feel that way. I work at a off road shop in pa and we sell and offer the buy three get one free and it is not a rip off.

I sell procomp at the same price no matter what.

I just sucks to know how many people missed out because of this line of thinking. Sure bfg has a nice tire but at $200 a set over the price of the procomps I would not run them. I know that i can spend that $200 somewhere else.

6. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

i've got a set of 33" Procomp AT's for when i need to do a lot of street driving and the winter; mainly because my 35" GroundHawgs are way out of balance, have about 60% tread, and have some mean gashes on a few sidewalls...which means i rarely even get my truck up to 50mph with those on. So i needed a set for the long trips or heavy street driving, and i have to say that they're a great all around tire for the price i paid.(buy 3 get 1 free + free s&h) i've used them for allmost a year now and they handle great on wet/dry pavement, snow & ice, and light mud. And the tread still looks brand new. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I've seen 33" Pro-Comp Mud Terrains in action and they seem to work really well in everything they went in/over/through.

8. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I love my pro comp at's I got 10K on em and they look new. They are quieter then bfg at's and don't chop as quickly. I got em from summit and they didn't raise the price when it was buy 3 get 1 free. Only had to pay 5 shipping a piece and no sales tax.

9. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I run the procomp mts and there just as good off road as the bfgs but better on road

10. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Its good to hear some positive comments about the procomp tires. I am very happy with the set of 35 mt that i have.

11. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

There are other places like Desert Rat or Summit (I forget the names) who honor the buy 3 get 1 free deal based on their regular prices, so a good deal can be had. In fact, it's hard to find a better deal on AT's or MT's

I run 35" MT's and am happy with them.

12. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have the 33" Xterrains and love them. Even when 4wpw has them at buy 3, get 1 free and they up their price. Call them and haggle with them the you can get the price down to the original price or cheaper. I did, but you better be ready to buy when you call.

13. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

The MTs are great! The sale does save some money, although not a whole free tire's worth...