Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

procomp Xteranns

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, Sep 23, 2002.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

how are procomp xterrans in the mud dirt ect.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey bud. I'd say they're about as good as the Baja Claws I had. They absolutely sucked in the mud. They wouldn't clean, no matter how much I spun them. I say they're probably not good because the tread pattern is very similar. Now in the sand, you couldn't shake a stick at them. I pulled a 1-ton dually loaded with the utility bed, full of tools, a bed crane, and a 50 gallon accessory tank full of fuel out of a sand hole with mine. Sure, the tires spun down to the depth of the sidebiters. When it got there, it hooked up and drug the truck up the hill and out of the ruts. Price-wise, the 35x12.50 Baja Claw Radials like I had, run $169 per tire from National Tire & Wheel. The X-terrains from 4WPW run $177 for the same size. I've just been giving you a spiel on my Baja Claws. I have no idea how the X-terrains are.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Try a search. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

get the MT/R's they are great for everything....

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats what i think im going for...when i can offord it..untill then its used mud tires...

6. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Had the 35's for about 3000 miles. No deep mud yet, but they do ok in the rest. 5 or 6 times on the trails and the rocks are tearing them up though. Tears in the tread area and chunks missing from the lugs. At this rate I might as well get some BFG's on order now. Good news is I'll get to buy larger tires sooner, well kinda good news.

7. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I just stick with the supper swamper tsl bias ply. They are all around tire. The down side of them are when its rainy it is hard to stop the and they get flat spots in them when parked and it will be bouncy ride for the first couple miles. The good side is they are the tuff and kick a$$ in the mud and on the trail thats why I like them.But again thats just my opinon.
    Colin

8. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I think the best all-around mud and offroad tire is the 39.5" TSL Super Swampers. Even on the street /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll know soon enough what I think about those tires. Just let me finish my swap crap.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I know that they suck in the sand. That's pretty much all I know about them. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif </font color>