Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

procomp xterrains in the mud?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4trolls, Jun 2, 2005.

1. 4trolls

4trolls 1/2 ton status

I have never seen a set in any real gooo , any one know how they do in deep mud?

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

not good. they clog up fast.

i wouldent get them b.c they are expensive and preform below average.

3. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I was with a friend of mine 2wks ago at paragon in pa and he is running the 37" x terrains and they seemed to work great. We were in the mud but not anything to bad. But overall i think they are a good tire from what i have seen first hand. They did seem to clean good with a little tire speed so i think that if you have the rig to spin them you should be fine. The only bad thing is the price of the bigger ones compared to other companys tires.

4. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

How did you like Paragon? I have been thinking of going up there for the weekend sometime soon.Do you recommend it?

5. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

a buddy of mine has them on the cleanest wheeled k5 ever. he LOVEs them. i love the looks and think they would last awhile on the street...

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i used to work at a tire shop, and was amazed at the number of them that were traded in for a different tire..i personally haven't ran them, but i also have not heard many people likeing them..

7. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

I have been running XTerrains for 1.5 years. They do not perform well in mud. They are more of an extreme All-terrain tire. They have been great on trails, rocks, and dirt. They will last longer on the road than BFG Muds, but not as long as BFG All-terrains (just as a familiar reference). I would recommend them if your wheeler is also your daily driver and if you dont want to buy new tires every ten months for your DD.

8. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

I know a guy running them and he hates them. I would have to agree with him. They load up with mud and have loose fitting beads that seem to welcome incoming dirt and debris, even seen him pull out a small branch from the bead. No one else running the trail had this problem including me running p.o.s. remmington mud brutes that have since popped the sidewall. Going tsl sx's now.

9. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

remingtons :screwy:

10. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

:frown1: :frown1:

I know...it was by far the worst money I've ever spent. The did rock in the mud tho.

btw. they are the same thing as dunlop's

11. GruntHunter

GruntHunter 1/2 ton status

I have been running the Pro Comp Mud Terrains for about 4 years now. I just put on my 2nd set. I was going to switch to the X-Terrains but didn't really like the idea of a 'single directional' tire. Since then I was told by the guys at 4-Wheel Parts in Orlando that they work real good in soft sand etc but not as good as the mud-terrains in mud.

Funny, I asked the guys if they were directional tires then did they only perform well in the forward direction? When I get in mud I want them working equally well in both directions. :-) They couldn't answer that question.

12. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Paragon is a great place to go. They have over 150 miles of trails from easy to i dont think so. We spent all day there and only made it on 8 or 9 miles of them. We will defenetly be going back as soon as we can. The cost was
    $30 for the driver and vehical and $5 for each passenger.

13. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

A friend with a jeep has some 31's and he gets around. Another friend with a Scout II has some 35" and he was going through pits in 3wd that people with 33's were getting stuck in. They seemed pretty good to me but i dont have much to compare too.

Later