Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Productive Saturday

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Sep 17, 2006.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Thanks to Readymix for dropping off his welder. I got my rear bumper re-welded and installed yesterday. I did not take into account the heat effect of how I did the bumper so the outer ends did sag a bit but it is not bad. I only have a picture of 1 weld as most of them were ugly and have been ground smooth:D . It is 2X4 1/4 wall tube and the mounts have been welded both front and rear. The shackle mounts are removable without taking the bumper off. I still need to clean up the brackets and shoot some paint. I am still have not decide if I am going to install my receiver. If I dont I am sure I will want it for some reason. I plan to weld it directly to the bottom of the bumper and not attach it to the frame. It will help keep the tank off of stuff.

Now for the pictures.

This is the only weld I will show:D
    Bumper1.JPG

Bumper4.JPG

Bumper9.JPG

Bumper8.JPG

Bumper3.JPG

Ira

Bumper1.JPG

Bumper4.JPG

Bumper9.JPG

Bumper8.JPG

Bumper3.JPG

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

More pictures.
    Bumper6.JPG

Bumper7.JPG

Bumper10.JPG

Bumper2.JPG

Bumper5.JPG

The brackets are CUCV brackets from a pickup that I modified to work on a K5 frame with DIY4X shackle flip. I also cut the frame down by about 3".

Ira

Bumper6.JPG

Bumper7.JPG

Bumper10.JPG

Bumper2.JPG

Bumper5.JPG

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Looks good. Leave the ends of the bumper alone. I have a good idea for it that I will tell you about after work someday next week.