Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

progress from this past weekend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Oct 4, 2005.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, I got my old cab off and the cage sanded down to paint. Now I just have to put it all back together, get my tail lights installed, and make sure it runs.

THE STACKS ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

anyone have any suggestions for me besides the obvious?

the rear cage is getting re-worked during my X-mas break. hopefully the engine compartment, cab, and rear cage will all be tied together.

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks good. You gonna have it ready by the 15th?

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

What kind of tubing did you use on the cage?

Also, the rear shackle angle looks pretty bad. Granted, there isn't much weight on it without the body, but... Did you run longer springs or move the hangers?

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i'm loving those stacks man, loving them. wish i could crank that through the mud.

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

the tubing is whatever the guy at the local race car shop sold me. i just asked for whatever he uses in his cars, and it was some older stock that had rusted, so i got it for a deal. i know the OD is 2", bent with a muffler bender. yes, i am a cheap ass! :haha:

the shackle angle is about perfect with the cab on it. it's just the stock 52" rears, flipped shackle of course. i need to brace the hanger some more, so that's on the agenda as well for this weekend.

i'm going to try and have it ready this weekend so i can bring it back to school. my dad and my mom (yes, my mother actually worked on my truck!) got the cab on it for me monday, and a buddy of mine went to the house to handle some wiring. it's looking fairly positive that i will have it done.

if it looks like crap when i'm finished, i don't care. i don't have but a grand in it, and almost half of that was spent in rebuilding the transmission.